[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the Chuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
>Meet cutie English major
>Her favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk
NOPE He's done about two or three really good novels, everything else is "meh" and "Limp Bizkit" on paper.

Oh picture totally unrelated.
>>
>>7738789
>Chuck Palanhiuk
>2 or 3 really good novels
pick one
>>
File: 1448348873195.jpg (47 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
1448348873195.jpg
47 KB, 500x529
>>7738789
>He's done about two or three really good novels
And so did Joyce. Your point?
>>
Don't be like me and verbally assault anyone who shows the barest interest in topics you like, just to demonstrate your superiority in said topics. Especially when pussy is on the line.
>>
>>7738789
he is better as a favorite author than stephanie meyer or jk rowling. give her a chance, its very immature of you do be so dismissive just because of an author she likes.

I have a friend that is slowly getting more and more into reading because we talk about books quite a bit. Maybe try that? remember, forming taste and an adult appreciation of books isn't something you get to have overnight or just by parroting /lit/ arguments.
>>
>>7738793
Invisible Monsters, Survivor... Maybe Rant? Fight Club was a better movie. Lullaby wasn't too bad just really forgettable.
>>
more like KEK palahianuck amirite guise?
>>
>>7738789

Try taking joy in actually meeting a person with similar interests, shed the cynicism of the autistic hivemind, and then do make the best of it.
>>
hopefully she's sensible enough to turn down any advances by a dimwit like yourself.
>>
>>7738825
The fedora is strong in this one
>>
>>7738789
as soon as i get a gf i am never coming back here

this place is The Wasteland of the internet
>>
>>7738837
Kek, no you won't. I remember rolling over to browse 4chan on my phone after fucking my 10/10 Japanese ivy-league varsity tennis player girlfriend to sleep.
>>
Why is it that so many people with no interest in literature study it?
>>
File: 1447282509181.gif (257 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1447282509181.gif
257 KB, 500x341
>>7738852
He's right you know.
>Banging 9/10 foxy cosplayer with long black hair and pale skin. Oh and her legs are hnnnnng worthy.
>Still come here... It's like a phantom limb, it never goes away.
>>
>>7738789
"Limp Bizkit on paper" is pretty apt.

also, you will never find a qt English major who reads anything better. high culture is dead.
>>
>>7738789

I agree with this a bit >>7738818 even while sharing some of your reservations. Is she a freshman? If she is excited by literature but hasn't yet been exposed to some of the finer works don't hold it against her. People develop in school, in analytical ability by extension taste. Does she write at all? That also takes time to develop. Believe it or not that is why people go to school, or at why they should they go to school if they aren't just passing through for a degree (which may be her case).

That being said, I met a nice girl who mentioned "loving literature". Had a class with her, she couldn't even get through Nabokov. So with surface tastes like that, it could be genuine enjoyment of a pop format, or it could
be latching onto the veneer of "being interesting" that the arts give off.
>>
>>7738789
I mean if she said Stephen King, yeah that's very normie/entry level but at least it's something. I think the Limp Bizkit analogy is right.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.