[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reading list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 605x344) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 605x344
My proposed reading list:

>Atlas Shrugged
>The Art of War
>The Republic
>The Prince
>Beyond Good and Evil
>Thus Spoke Zarathustra
>On Heroes, Hero Worship, and the Heroic in History
>How to Win Friends and Influence People
>Influence: Psychology and Persuasion

Other books that would fit in this series?
>>
>>7738595
Meme Kampf
>>
>>7738595
Hey, that's a pretty pretentious list of books you've got there. What's the goal, to feel superior to everyone else in the world?
>>
you should read some proper Nietzsche before you read also sprache
>>
>>7738595

Do you have a solid foundation in western philosophy from the Greeks until 1800 a.d.?

If you don't, don't bother with Nietzsche. At the very least you should know Schopenhauer beforehand.
>>
>if you want to actually try to understand Machiavelli instead of being a total mongoloid, read Plato ("Statesman"), read Livy books 1-10, read Polybius, read Machiavelli's Discourses, and THEN read the Prince.
>>
I'm taking a break from non-fiction and am trying to read the Door-stopper collection.
I've got:
1.Infinite Jest (About 1/2 way through)
2.Gravity's Rainbow
3.Portrait Of An Artist + Ulysses
4.In Search of Lost Time

Any others I should add?
>>
>>7738602
Already familiar with Nietzsche, but for the amateur picking up this reading list with no prior exposure I put in Beyond Good and Evil to warm up to it, probably with commentary.

>>7738601
This guys gets what it's all about, I'm trying to compile an Ultimate Douchebag Reading List, after a fashion. Looking for ways to refine it.
>>
>>7738595
the actual superman comic books by dc
>>
>>7738613
Petersburg,
Don Quixote,
War and Peace,
The Recognitions.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.