[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kafka - The Metamorphosis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
I finally read The Metamorphosis last weekend. I can't stop thinking about it. It's been a while since I felt this moved by a book.

What do you guys think about it?
>>
>>7738000
I haven't read it yet, so this comment is mostly useless, but I am currently reading Das Schloß and it has also moved me, his writing style has a very eerie sense about it, I can't describe it well. Now that you said this about The Metamorphosis, I really want to read it next. Is it similar to Das Schloß? (I believe it's translated as The Castle, but I'm not sure)
>>
Read this for my lit class in highschool and I think its a really good short story. Also my teacher and I argued over whether his metamorphosis actually happened or if It was all in his head what do you guys think?
>>
>>7738000
i thought it was quite Kafkaesque XD
>>
>>7738050
the narrator says in the second paragraph that "it wasn't a dream (es war kein Traum)"
>>
>>7738113
Seek help.
>>
>>7738015
>>7738747
The point is, it's of no importance whether the metamorphosis happened. Stop being literal. Get out of your high-school literature classes.
>>
File: metamorphosis.jpg (12 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
metamorphosis.jpg
12 KB, 332x443
First of all, I have way too many of these images thanks to /lit/ and I'm a tad worried about myself when a Kafka thread comes up to remind me of this fact.

Secondly, it's great, but there's something that annoys me not about the book but its literary reception. I think any interpretation that assumes any sort of guilt on the part of Gregor is bs; he's clearly a hard-working man who didnt do nuffin. I don't get why those interpretations are so common.

>>7738113
>>7738050
you're dumb and should in a nigh-perfect world probably resort to suicide
>>
>>7738050
not important
the book is about his eventual acceptance of the transformation
>>
>>7738780
wouldn't you say there is an inherent amount of guilt in any man's life?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.