[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crime and Punishment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_9399.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9399.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1334
Ask a man who is about to read the entire book Crime and Punishment in one day. I have some test on it on Thursday, so i have to get cracking. Don't feel like sparknotin it because I heard that this book is actually half decent. Also, I haven't read a full book in about 3 years. Do you guys think I can do it??? I'll post updates throughout the day.
Pic related, It's my book.
>>
>>7736629
Unless you're on adderall or something I don't think you'll have enough time. It's too long to read in one day.
>>
Do you eat ass?
>>
>>7736647
Supposing you read 1 page/2 minutes (which is not that fast) you can finish it in like 10-11 hours. You can totally do it in one day.
>>
>>7736662
I calculated wrong, you'd have to read 1 page/minute for that time. Still, you should be able to read at that rate as long as you don't try to do a close reading or get hung up on details.
>>
>has to read it in a day
>is on /lit/ instead

nice
>>
File: 1434492363780.jpg (198 KB, 988x1300) Image search: [Google]
1434492363780.jpg
198 KB, 988x1300
>>7736629
gl, my man
>>
I'm sure you'll fully digest and understand it, too

oh who cares this is b8
>>
File: dream-movie2.jpg (141 KB, 715x1150) Image search: [Google]
dream-movie2.jpg
141 KB, 715x1150
>>7736629
It's a great book. Ask your teacher to give you an extension so you can more fully appreciate it.
>>
>>7736647
What is this bullshit? I read Crime and Punishment in 1 day during highschool.

Funny too, it's the only book I ever have read in one day.
>>
I also read Crime and Punishment in less that one day since it was so good
>>
>>7736697
Didn't Sasha Grey write a book?
>>
File: Sasha_Grey.jpg (112 KB, 1491x400) Image search: [Google]
Sasha_Grey.jpg
112 KB, 1491x400
>>7736766
Yes
>>
I read in C&P in about half an hour. My usual pace is about 16 pages a minute. less than a day is more than manageable for most of you I'd think.
>>
>>7736629
use spreeder. I'm sure the whole book is available in html on Gutenberg. just paste on chapters at a time and finish them in like 20 minutes. scribble some notes between each chapter and you'll be amazed at how much you can retain
>>
>>7736771
written by herself
>>
OP, youll do it easy. i recall reading infinite jest at age 15 in highschool.
>>
>>7736735
>>7736703
>>7737054
U guys bring my hope
>>
>>7737780
What page you on
>>
why did you make this retarded thread and why are people replying.
>>
>>7736697
did you watch BBCs war and peace?
dano was pretty good as pierre bezukhov
>>
>>7737814
Please don't watch BBC's War and Peace. At least see that Bondarchuk movie, but only if you've already read the book.
>>
>>7737789
22... I just started though
>>
I just finished it anon and it's really good. You should be able to get it done.
>>
>>7736629

You'll want to do some serious skimming, OP, and then drop down for a closer read when you sense something significant.
>>
So when does it get good? I'm at page 210 or so when they bought clothing for Raskal or some shit and majority of it is boring conversations of no value.
>>
>>7736771
>citation needed
I kekked. Sorry Sasha, but I saw you getting gangbanged by 20 guys. Your Wikipedia editing isn't going to somehow make me forget that.
>>
>>7736771
Sasha Grey Mathematician
>Two plus two equals four, right?
Sasha Grey on history
>History? You mean like... ancient rome?
Sasha Grey CAPITALIST! I mean PACIFIST
>twitter post: ugh, why must you guys fight civil wars and stuff?
Sasha Grey SOCIAL CRITIC
>Cmoooon guys it's 2016!
>>
>>7738086
Dude you made this thread over 11 hours ago, you're fucked
>>
>>7738447
I got tired and I had to sleep some.

UPDATE
I read the first one hundred pages. This book takes longer than i thought. 500 pages to go hommmies.
>>
First off you ought to read as slowly as you can to grasp the novel more profoundly. And even if I were to read the novel in 11 hours reading as fast as possible I wouldn't have coped with that task. You op are ridiculous.
>>
lol, kid ur done, took me a few days to fully read and comprehend that shit. legit ur rip, did a shrew steal your glue and put it in a shoe and then the shrew turned into a hu(ge) cow and started to moo but then turned into a zoo and took up kung fu?
>>
>>7739125
are you fucking smoking crack?
>>
>>7739145
Just looking for attention.
>>
>>7736666
Nice quads
>>
File: images-5.jpg (9 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
9 KB, 231x218
>>7738111
>>
>>7738213
Well, to be fair... While I've seen her with people generally regarded as intelligent (e.g. David Tibet), I can't think of a single interview where she went above the usual pretentious "I've read Sartre" tone.
>>
>>7736659
Let's call it yes. Where are you going with this?
>>
Did OP deliver?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.