[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he shoot the fucking arab?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: images-18.jpg (31 KB, 309x476) Image search: [Google]
images-18.jpg
31 KB, 309x476
Why did he shoot the fucking arab?
>>
Because he was an autistic 4chan poster
>>
The sun made him upset/He was blinded and afraid he'd get stabbed/#YOLO
>>
>>7736325
Because it was an absurd thing to do.
>>
>>7736325

Because whether he did or didn't shoot the arab didn't matter. Also I think he did it for his frann.

I've never read the book, I really want to though.
>>
The sun was in his eyes
>>
Why did he shoot his mother is a better question.
>>
The sun was bright
>>
Yknow, after re-reading this, it becomes really easy to spot those who weren't paying attention.

People who ask why he shot the Arab have completely failed to notice that he had almost no motive for any of the things he did.
>>
>>7736507
He did have motive, they were just things to do, he's not just intuitive eating, he's intuitive living
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>7736325
He was just an autist, moving blindly through life. Also, he had anhedonia.
>>
>>7736421
wtf
>>
>>7736380
/Thread
>>
File: feels_sigh.jpg (118 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels_sigh.jpg
118 KB, 645x773
>>7736567
>tfw people said he reminded them of me
>>
>>7736333
>The sun made him upset/He was blinded and afraid he'd get stabbed
This, basically. It's not a complicated book.
>>
The Arab was an illegal immigrant who tried to rape the female volk!
>>
File: >female.png (426 KB, 643x877) Image search: [Google]
>female.png
426 KB, 643x877
>>7736745
>>
>>7736512
Yea, when he informs us that he doesn't analyze himself anymore, the reason he gives is that he fell out of "the habit" of it. That's it, pure intuitive living.

Which raises some questions: if decisions come down to "what's the difference", should we just fall onto defaults? & can this be part of the *point* of a book about pointlessness?
>>
He kinda felt like it.
The sun didn't help.
>>
File: trumpsoon.jpg (276 KB, 1040x773) Image search: [Google]
trumpsoon.jpg
276 KB, 1040x773
>>7736325
He was talking shit about Meursault's waifu
>>
>>7736325
Because he was a Zionist
>>
>>7736376
You could read it in a day, man. It's short af
>>
DUDE THE SUN LMAO
>>
It's heavily implied that the arab cucked him.
>>
File: 01.jpg (362 KB, 1140x1567) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
362 KB, 1140x1567
this is an action camus thread now
>>
File: 02.jpg (84 KB, 465x622) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
84 KB, 465x622
>>
File: 03.jpg (295 KB, 448x622) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
295 KB, 448x622
>>
File: 04.jpg (231 KB, 364x500) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
231 KB, 364x500
there are more, I couldnt find them
>>
please keep posting more
>>
>hot as shit
>annoying sandniggers bugging you
>not shooting them as a superior french colonialist

The real question of the book is why didn't he play along with the cops and lawyers and judge and got off without a charge because of white privilege and jesus?
>>
File: algerian coast roman ruins.jpg (72 KB, 960x384) Image search: [Google]
algerian coast roman ruins.jpg
72 KB, 960x384
I often hear people talking about some sort of detached apathy that's implied to be bad in Meursaults way of living but pre-shooting Meursaults seems to me to live the GOAT comfy life.
>>
le absurd hero
>>
>>7736844
>sexual emergency
my got we've got a problem
>>
>>7736959
Because Camus is a liar. In real life that dude would be a homeless bum
>>
File: hou.png (285 KB, 362x543) Image search: [Google]
hou.png
285 KB, 362x543
>>7736975
Even with the French?
>>
>>7736325
Stupid book about nothing.
>>
Because he wanted to feel something
>>
Self defence you dummies. The Arab literally drew a knife.

It's supposed to be funny/startling that Meursault cannot explain such a simple act to the court. How did you not pick up on it? Maybe you're as far gone as he is..
>>
>>7737119
What is use of excessive force?

It was mentioned in the book you doofus, but it didn't stand because he shot him like three times well past self defense. Also, why would he go on a stroll on the beach with a fucking handgun? The man's intention was to kill. He knew the Arab had a knife, he knew he'd meet him there, he specifically went there to kill him. It's not that Mersault was like yolo kill a cracker, he acted out on primitive instincts while believing the Arab would continue to be a threat.

Did you people even read the book or keep spouting memes?
>>
>>7736543
/thread
>>
>tfw I find that one and a half page scene where he goes for a swim with Marie to be the best thing on the novel
>>
>>7736325
shit happens
>>
>>7736421
kek
>>
>>7736507
Yeah he did. It was hot.
>>
>>7736934
>>7736937
>>7736940
>>7736943

lol I've never seen these. hilarious.
>>
>>7736421

because she hanged his father, didn't you read the book
>>
the sun and the devil told him to
>>
>>7736325
Because of the fucking sun! Didn't you read it?
>>
>>7736950
Because he didn't see the point in lying.
>>
>>7737119
>Meursault
>far gone
It's the world Meursault inhabits that's fucked up, not him. That's the point of the book.
>>
Because Camus didn't read the writers he criticized.
>>
>>7738168
The world didn't shoot the arab, mr. lala-land did. Grow up kid
>>
>>7736988
He writes for his monies
>>
>>7738185
Meursault was a victim and isn't the one to blame.
>>
File: freedom.jpg (233 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
233 KB, 1200x1200
>>7737131
>not making sure you neutralise threat once you shoot
>thinking concealed carrying while taking a stroll is intent to kill

isshidhigy
>>
He was thinkin of memes and accidentally memed to the max
>>
>>7738168
The 'point' of the book is that Meursault can't understand the meaning of his life until it is condemned to end. He is the absurd man who one day on the street corner finds a lack of meaning.
He is supposed to be the archetypal post-war Frenchman with no reason to go on (although to such an extreme that he seems almost inhuman (and actually pretty cool))
If Meursault had read The Myth of Sisyphus (har har) or come to terms with the absurdity of life he could have lived with passion without having to go to jail to do it.
He only reaches his potential as a man in the book when he lashes out at the priest and looks forward to his execution.
Camus suggests you can reach this potential without being condemned by understanding the absurd

how fucking dumb are you kiddos. literally grade 8 lit class
>>
>>7736507
>he did not have a motive for anything he did
>implying he didn't have a motive to scold at the priest

stay plebeian
>>
>>7738758
You're right.
The books says the world is absurd, which was exactly my point.
However, I don't think it he book is trying to say that Meursault has to come to terms with this absurdity.

Instead, I'd argue that the book aims to critique society's "absurd" perception of morality and social outcasts.

Meursault is a man outside the society in which he lives, and he is judged as such by other characters ( note that the only people who like Meursault are outsiders themselves). This is exemplified in the courtroom scenes, were people are-quite literally- judging him for petty things (not crying at his mother's funeral etc.). It's pretty clear that this is a metaphor for how the public judges people who don't adhere to social norms.

Meursault himself is portrayed as being above the rest of society due to the fact that he values simple, yet pleasurable things over social constructs like morality.- He is innocent and pure.

This results in the world condemning Meursault to death, because of his reluctance to conform to society's expecations.

tl;dr Meursault did nothing wrong.
>>
>act like a sociopath
>'he dindu nuffin'
Literally a book for angsty teens. Probably 'related' to him too.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.