[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've just experienced true life-altering heart-ache for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Childhood's_End.jpg (817 KB, 1000x896) Image search: [Google]
Childhood's_End.jpg
817 KB, 1000x896
So I've just experienced true life-altering heart-ache for the first time in 27 years. My whole perspective is warped but the shining light is my creative output has absolutely exploded.

So /lit/ does one have to experience some sort of traumatic event to create a true work of art?

Also, Pepe me please, nothing feels real anymore.
>>
>>7736321
Are you australian?
>>
>>7736328
Nope, United States.

I feel like I'm being setup for a punchline.
>>
>>7736334
How does it feel to be 27?
>>
No. Traumatic events can inspire work, but it's just a meme that art requires suffering.
>>
>>7736343
Like I'm splintered into three paths, each equally as difficult and important, yet need to choose one to keep my sanity.
>>
>>7736364
choose the most difficult one desu its the one u really want
>>
>>7736369
Tell that to my ex.
>>
>>7736369
I work hard, the problem is choosing "wrong" and wasting what could have been. Building my sandcastle too close to the incoming tide, so to speak.
>>
>>7736418
You can't build a sandcastle outside of a beach y'know?
>>
>>7736321
I've wondered the same thing. I got my heart absolutely shattered a year ago, and it brought me into touch with my emotions in a way that fueled a ton of writing for most of the next year. I'm just now getting over that incident, and am simultaneously finding it harder to work.

The anthropologist Shirley Brice Heath claims that people who read substantial literature from a young age because they were socially isolated are the most likely to write. I think it does take a bit of outsider perspective to make art.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.