[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one should I read and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (856 KB, 3264x1855) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
856 KB, 3264x1855
Which one should I read and why
>>
Not typically a C.S. Lewis fan, but The Great Divorce was alright. Considering this look likes it's for a high school assignment it's short and easy as fuck to read.

If I was going with the most interesting off the list, I really enjoyed War of the Worlds and Frankenstein. Nothing on there was awe inspiring for me.
>>
make your own decisions you fucking dumb faggot

but objectively austen is the best writer on that list no matter how pleb manchildren here feel
>>
A Tale of Two Cities is great. It's got Dickens' classic drama and elegance, but much more concise and action-packed than much of his work.
>>
A tale of two cities is objectively the best book on that list
>>
>>7735516
Wuthering Heights is objectively the best book on that list
>>
>>7735516
I like Frankenstein a lot because
>>
Robinson Crusoe. Can write a hundred pages on the footprint alone.
>>
>>7735516
All the Dickens + Bronte stuff are undeniably the most satisfying reads.

Jane Austen + Burney for Thomas Hardy lite

Everything else is very enjoyable (especially if you're a male age 14 - 19) and can be read over the course of a weekend or two
>>
Start with the greeks
>>
File: 1.jpg (94 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
94 KB, 1252x1252
>>7735603
>>7735766
>>
>>7735516
Frankenstein is one of my all time favourite books. Robinson Crusoe is great too if you're still in grade 3
>>
Robinson Crusoe, of course.
>>
>>7735553

Objective best? No such thing.

Most enjoyable for low-test beta cucks and women? Sure.
>>
A Tale of Two Cities is ridiculously good. Some people think the prose is hard to read but I loved it.
>>
>>7737169

The movie was pretty boring, is the book significantly better?
>>
>>7737175
I don't know, I didn't watch the movie, but there's probably a reason why the book is regarded as an all-time classic and nobody has ever heard of the movie.
>>
>>7737179

Wow, you didn't even watch the movie?

Pleb.
>>
>>7735516
>that many women
lmao
>>
>>7737206
>pleb
Hahahaha, you must be a plant from /v/ because you are so clever :^)
>>
>>7735516
Wurthing heights
>>
>>7737164
>muh fitard relativism
kek
>>
The War of the Worlds.

The greatest scifi work ever and Well's masterpiece.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.