[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other than being a meme, what has this man done? I've seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: slavoj-zizek-1413292626951.jpg (17 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
slavoj-zizek-1413292626951.jpg
17 KB, 640x360
Other than being a meme, what has this man done?

I've seen the ideology films, but I don't think that stuff is the core of his thinking
>>
>I know better than Zizek what Zizek thinks
>>
he's written books that 90% of his fans never read
>>
>>7734657
>I don't think that stuff is the core of his thinking

It's not.
>>
>>7734704
What is then?

>>7734697
What does he write about?

>>7734695
What?
>>
>>7734714
>What does he write about?
Neo liberalism, Hegel, psychoanalysis
>>
He primarily discusses ideology in reference to modern-day pop culture, using some Marxian terms and concepts. He also synthesizes and simplifies Lacanian ideas for his readers, incorporating those very ideas into his ideological-based discussions.
(1) Understand Lacanian psychoanalysis, (2) the basic tenants of Marxism, and (3) the concept and consequences of ideology and how it operates from a post-modern perspective and you've basically understood Zizek.
>>
>>7734728
And does he bring anything with actual value to the table?
>>
>>7734728
>>7734726
Is it actually worth reading?

Also, does he really hang out on 4chan? >>7731233
>>
>>7734697
To be fair he pumps out, what, three books a year or so?
>>
>>7734657
I kind of look like this guy. : /
>>7734739
I doubt it but it's a meme to claim that Pynchon has posted here.
>>
>>7734739
If you've read zizek you know he doesn't write like that. His sentences are pretty long with a lot of clauses
>>
>>7734736
>>7734739
He doesn't really offer anything new to the table. He more or less synthesizes other thinkers ideas, trying to get people to look past their ideological perspectives.
If you are going to read a book of his, read The Sublime Object of Ideology.
>>
>>7734697
This, he's a meme because of his movies and YouTube videos but take a crack at some of his actual works on philosophy (Sublime Object of Ideology, Less Than Nothing) and it's going to take some actual training in the the subjects he delves into (namely, Hegel, Lacan, Marx, etc.) to actually understand them. I like Zizek though because he isn't too high brow to churn out books that can be read by average joes (First as Tragedy, Absolute Recoil, etc.)
>>
>>7734739
He is an interesting read for a layman, such as me. He doesn't use a lot of jargon and spices it up with old esterrn yuropeen derrty yokes
>>
Besides all the memes he's doing quite a lot for the research of Hegel.
>>
>>7734795
>Zizek doesnt use jargon
Haha oh wow
>>
>>7734826
They didn't say that, they said that Zizek doesn't use A LOT of jargon (which still may be incorrect, I have yet to read him).
>>
>>7734657
He's the Tarantino of Philosophy.

>inb4 who is the x of x
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.