[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for books that have the sort of super surreal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_n1jm41gpkN1r3dntio1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1851) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1jm41gpkN1r3dntio1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1851
I'm looking for books that have the sort of super surreal existential feeling like ghost in the shell, akira, or the brief bits I've seen of paprika.
>>
Just watch more Satoshi Kon, especially Perfect Blue
>>
>>7733348
How do you see brief bits of a movie? Is it that hard to marathon the whole thing?

As for books, if you like Mamoru Oshii read Phillip K. Dick (Ubik, The Man in the High Castle, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch) and Robert Anton Wilson (Prometheus Rising).
>>
>>7733348
100 Years of Solitude.
>>
>>7733418
>7733418
I just tried reading the first couple pages of this book and it was just a bunch of boring stuff about discovering magnets and magnifying glasses in ancient times.
>>
>>7733348
>>
>>7733418
My favorite novel.

House of Leaves OP?
>>
>>7733348
The Journal of Albion Moonlight
>>
You should read 'Ficciones' or 'El Aleph', of Jorge Luis Borges.
>>
File: neuromancerfront.jpg (103 KB, 607x1022) Image search: [Google]
neuromancerfront.jpg
103 KB, 607x1022
>>7733348
William Gibson - Neuromancer
Alfred Bester - The Stars My Destination
>>
>>7733348
>>7733349

This OP, actually watch paprika its bretty good
>>
>>7733348

Kafka on the shore
>>
>>7737339
>>7733349
This OP, Kon is a fucking genius. Start with Magnetic Zero
>>
>>7737404

You mean Magnetic Rose? That's a fine piece and all but I don't know why you'd start with it. It's not particularly indicative of his style.
>>
his best work is undoubtedly millennium actress.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.