[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is the literature which gives a voice or details the life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1340946381887.jpg (33 KB, 500x571) Image search: [Google]
1340946381887.jpg
33 KB, 500x571
Where is the literature which gives a voice or details the life of the lower-middle class or lower class citizens who are caught in a tragic disintegration of reality - as the imperative to both enjoy and self-realize leads them to immerse themself fully in degenerated infantile fantasies?
>>
hover hand.
>>
>>7732934

Literally the most reviled caste of people in our society. Writing about folks such as us is not only unpublishable, but wouldn't even pass as an ironic critic of society, but would just drown the reader in disgust and hatred.
>>
>>7732942
Seems than that it holds some subversive potential and the potentiality for exploring the unknown beauty of the forgotten folks.
>>
>>7732946

I would read it, but the appeal to normies is about 0.
>>
>>7732934
There's a graphic novel that I think is lovely, about a young suburban school girl who's life seems in disarray for reasons that aren't explained. It's almost given this Napoleon Dynamite dynamic of teen awkwardness.

It starts you off with her own fantastic delusions, of shining armor and dancing fairies. It briefly tells you that she had just got in a spat with bullies, and it seems she doesn't fit in. You see that she's asocial, neurotic, prone to fantasy, and compulsively lashes out at those around her regardless of their intentions. You are shown her day to day life with little insight as to why she acts the way she does. And you are constantly presented with the contrast of a dull, grinding reality and her own fantastic escapism.

It builds up to a crescendo. And then it slams you with the reason for her escapism.

It's called "I Kill Giants". It's not /lit/, and it's definitely not esteemed literature. But it's an interesting read.
>>
>>7732934
No longer human
>>
>>7733079
That sounds stupid honestly. I'd rather read about a more transparent asocial youth, with an eccentric confabulist friend/side character. Awkward nerds are a strange bunch, but they're bizarrely capable of flocking around a queen (see: Boxxy). I'd think a work of fiction of that sort, without being blatant fan service, could serve as a flagship for 4chan-type introverts.
>>
>>7732934
welcome to the nhk
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.