[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guilty Pleasures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1188249.jpg (74 KB, 278x475) Image search: [Google]
1188249.jpg
74 KB, 278x475
So, /lit/, I haven't been here for about a year and a half now, after getting a job and doing other real-life stuff, and, more importantly, leaving due to the mind-numbing pretentiousness of the board at the time, and here I am again.

I just finished During the Rains & Flowers in the Shade. Pretty outstanding novellas. During the Rains particularly, but that's besides the point. I'm using it as the image so you guys don't immediately dismiss this thread on first glance as a pleb thread (even though that's totally what it is)

Anyways, when I was putting the book back on my bookshelf I couldn't help but pick up a book I hadn't read in 10 years. It's a YA fantasy fiction book called Posion by Chris Wooding. It's probably just rose-colored glasses, but holy shit. It's a blast to go through again. The prose isn't good but it isn't decidedly trash, and the plot is as interesting as I remember it. Almost like an Alice in Wonderland type vibe, but darker.

So, /lit/, what are your guilty pleasures? Is it due to nostalgia? Are you too patrician (read: insecure) for them?
>>
>>7732554
You want a medal?
>>
File: 1454786075795.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1454786075795.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>7732563
hows that apply to this thread at all you fuck
>>
>>7732569
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?
>>
>>7732554
op get the fuck out of here sad cunt
>>
>>7732554
>leaving due to the mind-numbing pretentiousness of the board at the time
>look at me, I'm too good for these pretentious fucktards, totally not pretentious of me
>hypocrisy what is that?
>error 404 self awareness is missing
>>
>>7732605
>>7732591
>>7732575
good to see the old /lit/ spouting memes and strawmans, now I remember why I left you abysmal fucking faggots
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.