[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look, I fucking love this book but can we give it a rest already?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 338798.jpg (23 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
338798.jpg
23 KB, 306x475
Look, I fucking love this book but can we give it a rest already?
Every post on this shitty ass board that has to do with Ullyses is some moron blanket statementing that it's the greatest piece of shit ever farted and nobody has ever or will ever understand anything about it; or the same poster immediately writing a bait post stating the opposite.
Finnegan's Wake is more Ulysses than Ulysses anyway, but that's never mentioned because it isn't part of college curriculum.
Seriously, I bet most of you can't even name a theme outside of 'Kekkolding' or 'Irish'
>>
>>7732479
>every post

no. not every post, Anon.

I vaguely remember a museum tour.
>>
I couldn't agree more!

I've posted my thoughts on Joyce's best work elsewhere but, as you're a fan, I'll reproduce them here:

"I find that each chapter of Finnegans Wake can be taken alone as a canto.

In fact, in conversation with friends (usually over espresso), I prefer to refer to Finnegans wake as "The Cantos of Jim Joyce".

"Jim" because I feel that I've developed something of a bond with the bespectacled Irishman. You see, on my mother's side we're Irish. Imagine what it would be like having a mustache like his. I close my eyes and, when I concentrate, I can feel the tickle of whiskers, like a trace of pepper caught in the steam rising off of my grandmother's mashed potatoes-- caught, drawn in by my breath to rest just inside my left nostril and sending my nose into a nervous little wiggle."

Thoughts?
>>
>>7732518
His five hundred wives
May have had the times of their lives
But no number of women could bear
The smell your post brings to the air
>>
Yo seriously. /lit is turning into /b

Trap thread / DFW thread
Dubbs get / ulysses bread
Pic ur not supposed to share / gravity rainbow

FuuuuuccccKkkkk offfff
>>
What's the best story in Dubliners and why is it The Dead
>>
>>7732536
>dubs
>dublin

I get it
>>
>>7732539
>not treating dubliners as a coherent whole

P L E B
>>
>>7732479
>farted
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.