[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if all of classical music is just making a joke out of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: jest.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
jest.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
What if all of classical music is just making a joke out of the ego's problems? all sad music is sarcastically sad, and all jovial music is just sarcastically happy. Imagine one giant creepy dude playing all of your music that you love but playing it with a giant grin on his face. Don't take it as a depressing thought, you're supposed to laugh at your humanity. It's like the AI that looks past at itself. Once you've realized this thought, imagine that you feel depressed at this thought itself and then you decide to play music that expresses your depression of this thought but that music you create is also sarcastically "depressive-knowing-this-thought." Your philosophy is one of trvializing. Yeah I'm talking to you post-modern society. You're the guy who sits in the back of the theater of human emotions who just yells "DUDE EMOTIONS LMAO, DUDE NARATIVE STRUCTURE, DUDE WEED, DUDE LSD, DUDE DEADPOOL LMAO, PEOPLE ACTUALLY FIND THAT FUNNY? AHAHA PLEBS." Post-modernism is a guy who just sits in the backroun trivializing all human conceptions, the narrative structure, philosophy itself, film, games, etc. Post-modernism is just one giant edgy neckbeard with glasses on. Fucking lmao.

Here you go post-modern society. I just gave you your ego. You're looking at him. Pic related.

Youtube series coming soon. Expect me. Await me. Kek. Or are you supposed to take all of what I just said as sarcasm as well?

ah fuck off.
>>
dude postmodeernism is fucking gay you can just shit on a canvas and call it art >_>
>>
I find that each chapter of Finnegans Wake can be taken alone as a canto.

In fact, in conversation with friends (usually over espresso), I prefer to refer to Finnegans wake as "The Cantos of Jim Joyce".

"Jim" because I feel that I've developed something of a bond with the bespectacled Irishman. You see, on my mother's side we're Irish. Imagine what it would be like having a mustache like his. I close my eyes and, when I concentrate, I can feel the tickle of whiskers, like a trace of pepper caught in the steam rising off of my grandmother's mashed potatoes-- caught, drawn in by my breath to rest just inside my left nostril and sending my nose into a nervous little wiggle.
>>
>>7732260

Every time I discuss this idea with friends I'm told it's schizoid to think so. I played music for years with these people until I realized their art only served to manipulate the emotions and well being of others and themselves. I am still deeply interested in music though-- my resolve has since heen to tune the guitar to whatever I like and pull music out of the air. I had anxieties before about not being able to play the same sound twice but that spook got rekt eventually.
>>
>>7732273
holy fucking kek

that's pretty hilarious

HEY BRO THE ABOVE ^^^ IS JUST A SARCASTIC EMOTION REMEMBER ;)
>>
That's what I think Shia's clapping at the end of cannibal shia represented too. Fake emotions, fake clapping. But behind that veil of sarcasm, there is sincerity. There's that emotion of, yeah fuck yeah, well fucking done. Now that's art. That is represented in one figure and movement: him clapping.
>>
OP STILL HERE:

That's why he also did the green screen btw. So then all of society would make a mockery of his emotions. Thereby showing the shallowness of society as well. What he was saying was what he meant, he really meant it. But then that emotion is taken away through sarcasm and meming or what not. Fuck, I'm high.
>>
The comedy is a good movie as well, really describes what we're dealing with here
>>
>>7732260
>classical
>sad
>happy
Oh you mean programme music
...pleb
>>
>>7732383
???????
>>
>>7732260
Those people are the most emotional of all. They are the most human and the most vulnerable. The mask is not for amusement, it is for protection. If you do everything ironically you are free from criticism and emotional scarring. Not from other's, but from yourself. If anyone critizes you, you just laugh to yourself because the joke is on them for thinking you were sincere. You can dismiss any feelings you have in the same way.

Really it is a great way to check out without killing yourself. For the person who has been hurt, it could be a way to carry on and to dismiss what ever it was that hurt them without having to confront it.
>>
>>7732390
And by protection from themselves, I am talking about people who are too hard on themselves. I person could critizes them and then that person will take it too far. They blow it out of proportion and end up really upset.
>>
lmao, just got off this shroom trip. Pretty sure I took my ego and society's ego along with it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^HEY, THOSE AREN'T REAL EMOTIONS EXPRESSED ;)

hey you should DUDE trivialize it ;)
>>
>>7732260
I can't wait until the day when humanity is consumed by the great firestorm sitting under Yosemite
>>
>>7732473
why is that?
not a good thought to harbor bro
lot of good people here.

I didn't read david foster wallace's book infinite jest, but I think there's a part about looking at the sunrise.
>>
>>7732473

The best data show that there's not enough magma in the chamber to cause another super eruption :/
>>
>>7732390
Of course they're human, and of course everything else you just said.

They're just trivializing themselves though, and deconstructing themselves. Sure that makes them human. No one is ever gonna stop being human no matter how much he or she wants to trivialize their humanity.

My point is is that a person who leaves his humanity at the doorstep (by trivializing) is not living like a human should. Technically, yes, yes, pretending to not be human, being "ironic" is still technically human. Yes. Anything any human does will always be human. Yes. Yes Yes and fucking yes.

But what they're doing is trying to make that the model of humanity: not being human.

Which is just fucking weird and we have to call it out.
>>
File: Doctor-Faust-–-Thomas-Mann.jpg (15 KB, 220x322) Image search: [Google]
Doctor-Faust-–-Thomas-Mann.jpg
15 KB, 220x322
DUDE A COMPOSER LMAO

srsly, I think you'd enjoy this book OP
>>
>>7732401
I've always thought that 4chan's culture of irony and self parody was deeply neurotic and the effect of a shared self hatred.
>>
>>7732260
Probably. Because classical music has a really shitty percussion section. Glockenspiel and silly huge kettle-drums? Really?
>>
Quite a bit of Shostakovich's music is mocking the nationalist music russian composers had to create. Schnittke does it too.

I don't know, 'classical' isn't a very emotional period. Its more technical. Romantic is the heart on sleeve movement.
>>
>>7732270

nice
>>
>>7732366

I hate this world. I sincerely deeply hate this world. Who came up with this shit? Why am I supposed to live in the midst of this shit? I hate everything and everyone who are a part of this shit. Kill me. Just kill me. Lol
>>
>>7732382

it's hella f*cking epic
>>
>>7733064
I'll check it out
>>
>>7733304
>classical not emotional
Wtf? Mozart's Requiem? Beethoven's 9th? Are you thinking of the Baroque period or what nigga
>>
>>7733308
oh wait you're making fun of that interpretation

oy gevalt

no no no what are you doing

you're doing exactly the thing I mentioned in my OP
>>
>>7733308
oh and btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C78HBp-Youk
>>
oy just pretending lmao
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.