[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
W.B. Yeats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
Is William Butler Yeats a /lit/ approved poet? He's my favourite, and his best poem was the Lake Isle of Innisfree.
Pic tangentially related
>>
>>7732010
>Lake Isle of Innisfree

tf
>>
>>7732027
He was Irish and wrote about Irish things, he was very active in the Gaelic revival
>>
File: james-joyce.jpg (26 KB, 325x332) Image search: [Google]
james-joyce.jpg
26 KB, 325x332
Definitely not.

I find that each chapter of Finnegans Wake can be taken alone as a canto.

In fact, in conversation with my friends (usually over espresso), I prefer to refer to Finnegans wake as "The Cantos of Jim Joyce".

"Jim" because I feel that I've developed something of a bond with the bespectacled Irishman. You see, on my mother's side we're Irish. Imagine what it would be like having a mustache like his. I close my eyes and, when I concentrate, I can feel the tickle of whiskers, like a trace of pepper caught in the steam rising off of my grandmother's mashed potatoes-- caught, drawn in by my breath to rest just inside my left nostril and sending my nose into a nervous little wiggle.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.