[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is academia such an inbred circlejerk? How can people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: nigger.jpg (77 KB, 645x430) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
77 KB, 645x430
Why the fuck is academia such an inbred circlejerk? How can people flock around this spic and actually consider his works unironically good?
>>
>>7730525
not academia, mass lit*
>>
>>7730526
Bitch I know what I said.
>>
>>7730525
Listen, papi, being a good writer is mucho mas than just having a knowledge of historia. Sometimes, you need to spice it up with some literary jalapeño. Even if your story don't make no sense or it's based off of bad informacion, you can steel be successfool.
>>
>>7730547
i'm crying
>>
>>7730525
>not at lease appreciatity the lyrical fidelity of his more recent work
>>
>>7730547
last line is weak but great opener. 6/10
>>
>>7730525
Holy shit, this guy was my professor
but I haven’t read any of his works, so I’ve no idea about them
>>
>>7730525
this guy is the latino version of being a cuck
>>
>>7733885
where/what and how is he?
>>
>>7733885
UCR?
>>
Just reading the shit off of the Amazon previews makes me want to vomit. Did this guy win a Pulitzer Prize because of his ethnicity? I'm all for equality but Christ this isn't the way to do it. It's like Jóhn Green 2.0.
>>
>Díaz is currently the fiction editor at Boston Review and the Rudge and Nancy Allen Professor of Writing at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology

LITERALLY WHY
>>
He's fun, but no master. The only reason I love him is because I grew up Hispanic in New Jersey. So I can relate
>>
>>7736062
I saw him in Cambridge once. I was drinking a Bloody Mary and eating eggs and bacon outside when he walked by. I wanted to tell him how bad of a writer he is, but I was on benzodiazepines and as such was a bit slow on the draw.
>>
>>7736139
This three sentence story is better than anything Diaz has written.
>>
>>7736147
I was thinking that myself.
>>7736053
It's 2015.
>>
>>7730547
kek
>>
>>7736147
I'd be flattered if Diaz wasn't so bad. "That was better than two steamy logs!"
>>
Why the fuck is 4chan such an inbred circlejerk? How can people flock around this chink and actually consider his works unironically good?
>>
>>7736413
What a fancy boy :3
>>
But to answer your question OP, academia is very much invested in social responsibility, which includes breaking the boundaries of race. Pretty much most of the reason he's so successful is because the bar is lowered for URMs who can write something coherent which aligns with the mission of social responsibility. They feel that lowering the bar is integrating minorities in areas which doesn't have many to begin with. Basically it's the combination of subject matter and his minority status that's claiming the fame. Academia is degrading by the year.
>>
>>7736557
But you know, to be frank I have absolutely no idea why they chose Diaz. there's plenty of material written by minorities that's actually very advanced. Diaz is a hack, I honestly just don't know why they picked him over someone like, Robin Coaste Lewis.
>>
itt: whtite kids talk about an author they've never read
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.