[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LITERARY MAGAZINE SUBMISSIONS THREAD I'm going to submit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: buckleup.jpg (37 KB, 250x411) Image search: [Google]
buckleup.jpg
37 KB, 250x411
LITERARY MAGAZINE SUBMISSIONS THREAD

I'm going to submit a short story to a literary mag for the first time

anyone want to join me for March deadlines?

the two journals I'm eyeing are both due March 15th--I have like two short stories that are 60%-80% done which I'll be looking to finish

general lit mag submissions thread go

buckle-up borges-a-roos
>>
I Love Argentinian Murakami.
>>
>>7727808
Nice meme. What literary mags are you submitting to? That way we can join you and flood that mag till lit gets published.
>>
>>7727808
Do they take flash fiction? I have something I'm too lazy to pad out that I could send them. There's this other story that I'm about halfway done with and could probably finish in a couple of hours if I actually worked on it too.
>>
>>7727866

no, but you could probably find some flash fic journals really easily

they tend not to be so reputable though because flash fic is a joke

>There's this other story that I'm about halfway done with and could probably finish in a couple of hours if I actually worked on it too.

you should work on that senpai
>>
>>7727938
so are you going to tell us the names of these fucking journals family?
>>
>>7727808
buckle-up borges-roos
>>
buckle-up borges-roos
>>
>>7727938
>flash fic is a joke
I mostly agree, but the lazy part of me thinks it's good enough when I don't feel like padding something out.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (311 KB, 1566x685) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
311 KB, 1566x685
I also have two stories that I'm debating between finishing for submission at some point

prose in pic (story 1 is on the left, story 2 is on the right)

story 1: a magic realist generational story where a boy avenges his father

story 2: a first-person semi-surrealist story where the narrator goes on a strange job interview

which sounds more interesting?
>>
>>7728017
>magic realist
trashman.jpg

2 wins by default.
>>
>>7727808
buckle-up borges-roos
>>
no one has still bothered to mention the journals of submission. Shaking my head right now family.
>>
I'd like to submit my latest work which can be found at
>>7724199
Please allow for corrections.
Thank you.
>>
>>7728055
He was never going to and you're kinda dumb for thinking he ever was smhtbhfam.
>>
buckle-up borges-roos
>>
>>7728063
He should though.
>>
>>7728120

there are literally so many reputable/established lit journals out there

just filter by your location and genre
>>
bump for so many writers, are there so few with lit journal aspirations?
>>
File: 28 21 St Raphael.jpg (179 KB, 500x592) Image search: [Google]
28 21 St Raphael.jpg
179 KB, 500x592
>>7730119
I've actually gotten two short stories published already. One was a magical realism story and one was a historical fantasy story. I'm fairly proud that they're so wildly different, I think this bodes well for me in the future.

I've got one short story out for submission right now that I'm particularly proud of, so I decided to shoot for the moon and send it in to Tin House, Prairie Schooner, and n+1. I've also submitted it to Agni Magazine from Boston University, which has a habit of publishing good writers for the first time. Naturally, I flatter myself to think I'm a good writer.

Just today I finished up another short story, so I have that one plus the one I wrote before it ready to submit. Still deciding where I'll try for these two. Maybe I'll shoot for the moon again and submit one to Harper's.

Also, has anyone heard anything about Glimmer Train? They're attractive to me because they pay the winners of their contests, but I've also heard bad things about them in the past.
>>
>>7730423
Where did you get published?
>>
>>7730423

Tin House, n+1, Harper's, and Glimmer Train all seem really hard to get into unless you're already established?

but I mean, yolo, it doesn't cost anything (or barely anything) to submit
>>
buckle-up borges-roos
>>
>>7727808
Meme magic is real
buckle-up-borges-roos
>>
buckle-up borges-roos
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.