[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What order should I read Shakespeare in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzgzMzkwNzMz.jpg (295 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzgzMzkwNzMz.jpg
295 KB, 1200x1200
What order should I read Shakespeare in?
>>
Chronological duh pleb
>>
http://4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading_Charts_(by_Author)
>>
>>7727191
doesn't matter. I would recommend starting with Romeo and Juliet, then Othello to get the pleb shit out of the way. his other plays are much better imo desu senpai
>>
It doesn't really matter if you're talking about his plays, except for the histories I guess. I'm not that familiar with his poetry though, so I couldn't tell you what order to read that in.
>>
File: n501ef032653c7.png (194 KB, 479x350) Image search: [Google]
n501ef032653c7.png
194 KB, 479x350
>>7727223
>I'm not that familiar with his poetry though, so I couldn't tell you what order to read that in
>is literally in a numbered order
>>
>>7727217
this

>introduced to shakespeare freshman year of HS with Romeo and Juliet
>hated it

>read Hamlet senior year
>fell in love with Shakespeare and started reading him outside of school
>>
>>7727264
Which number is the Rape of Lucretius?
>>
>>7727298
and Venus and Adonis?
Yeah 2 poems out of 156 are not numbered academically. I'm sure you were torn between those 3 groups when you couldn't tell anon where to begin
>>
>>7727311
>2 poems out of 156
moar liek 3 of 3
>>
>>7727217

>Othello
>pleb

Romeo and Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream are his most newbie-friendly works.
>>
>>7727326
the sonnets are not one continuous poem you pleb
>>
File: BookReaderImages[1].jpg (70 KB, 625x938) Image search: [Google]
BookReaderImages[1].jpg
70 KB, 625x938
>>7727351
So, how's life in plebbystan?
>>
>>7727406
>implying that poems put together on a page mean they're all part of a single poem
I dont even know what to say
>>
His good shit and then the meh plays
>>
start with the Greeks
>>
>>7727851
this isn't posted anywhere near enough these days
>>
>>7727298
>>7727311
Venus and Adonis first, then Rape of Lucretius just because of tone and order of being written in being the best way to go.
>>7727351
Shakespeare himself never numbered them, they're inspired by the French sonnet cycles, so... they are all the same effort, it's not crazy or demeaning to say Shakespeare wrote three poems.
>>
Start with Titus Abdronicus it's his best
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.