[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you say to your younger self if you had the chanc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: minime_cover.jpg (41 KB, 578x258) Image search: [Google]
minime_cover.jpg
41 KB, 578x258
What would you say to your younger self if you had the chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyTB-TQ73Ag

poem related
>>
>>7726128
>What would you say to your younger self if you had the chance?

Echo!
>>
"Do it, faggot!"
- Me
>>
How many times are you going to spam your shitty poetry reading on here, mate? It's not a great idea.
>>
>>7726154
same desu
>>
"How women want men to behave is drastically different from what women find attractive in men."

"Never do a PhD."

Everything else I have no regrets about.
>>
Read in 2010 instead of watching movies.
>>
>>7726369
Why do you regret doing a PhD?
>>
I'd tell myself to start pursuing freelance writing work.

I stumbled on this when I volunteered at my student paper. I heard people talking about freelancing and I was like 'so you can actually just call up newspapers and shit and they'll pay you to write things?'

I could have been doing this from the age of 16, I just had no idea I was allowed to. I'd be much further along in my career now if I'd figured it out early.
>>
>>7726557
maybe he had to pay for it
i think he should have written "never pay to do a phd"
>>
cut deeper
>>
stop wasting your time on watching serbian films and listening to bullshit slavic folk and actually get somewhere in life
>>
>>7726128
Get good at football and play more sports in general.

Stay away from internet forums and talk to your peers
>>
Have interests that do not involve a TV screen or a monitor. Bonus points if it involves mingling with other people.

I'd like to tell myself industry work sucks and is soulless, and that the money is not worth it, but I would have missed out on this particular realization.
>>
>>7726557

Because when people talk about having a PhD, or something to that effect without specifying in what, exactly, you can gleam two things about this person:

1. They think a PhD has some intrinsic value. It does not.
2. It's in a completely useless field.
>>
End your life ASAP it doesnt ever get remotely better, your life is awful but youll continue to spiral downwards until youve fucked your life up so bad that your current state will be something youll look back on with nostalgia
>>
File: Thursday.jpg (125 KB, 640x380) Image search: [Google]
Thursday.jpg
125 KB, 640x380
>>7726128
don't dump the girl you'll live with briefly when you're a student, because she's going to be a world renowned expert in her field

always post unrelated pics
>>
File: Life Affirmation Pepe.jpg (94 KB, 416x1047) Image search: [Google]
Life Affirmation Pepe.jpg
94 KB, 416x1047
>Happiness can definitely be considered a skill.

>By learning to accept with tranquility the absolute worst things that could conceivably happen as if they already have, or are inevitable, you'll stop worrying.

>Remember to pursue your dreams at all times, but abandon them so thoroughly you would be just as satisfied with your life if they did not occur as if they did.

>Remove every aspect of yourself and life which make your love and happiness conditional.

>Your being overweight is entirely your own fault. And being fit is more fun than you'd think.

>Rare Pepe piracy had real life consequences.
>>
File: 1402160685567.jpg (75 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1402160685567.jpg
75 KB, 535x577
>>7728544
This is what i'd like to say to myself. Not that it would matter. You could probably give me direct steps to living the happiest life ever and i would listen but not act on it.
>>
File: 1453314120314.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453314120314.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1200
Girls really arent that interesting
You'll realise this once your hormones level off with age
>>
>>7726128
Kill yourself.
There's nothing worthwhile ahead. Only pain and sorrow.
>>
File: 1442880684669.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1442880684669.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>7726128
For the love of God, pursue the literature and history degree. You'll be better off than falling for the STEM meme. Don't fall for the NRx meme.

Get away from 4chan as soon as you can.
>>
>>7726128

>fuck more of that prime high school muff
>play more sports
>learn weight lifting sooner
>go straight into the military instead of wasting your time and money fucking around for a semester in community college
>drive down to Killeen to the Army recruiter and get your fucking 68W contract instead of just going to the Navy office next door
>>
Hedonism a shit
>>
Don't bother with drugs and heavy drinking, they're fun in an immediate way but ultimately leave you empty and set you back
>>
Don't change a thing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.