[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is quite a tough read for me, but sometimes I read something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
This is quite a tough read for me, but sometimes I read something which I actually have the intellectual capacity to understand and it makes it worth it.

LSD led me to this book.

Has anybody read it? What did you think of it?
>>
>>7724272
i think that you one of a simple mind.
>>
Aym Rand is pure shit and I hate her
>>
>>7724284
>>7725865

well memed, my friends. #feelthebern
>>
>>7725871
It's funny because Rand was not a conservative by any means and her bullshit is equally stupid as that of Bernie.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 479x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 479x459
Rand spoke the truth and nobody likes that
>>
>>7724272
5/10 try harder next time
>>
why does everyone hate her
>>
>>7726044
She's a pseudo philosopher
>>
>>7726029
welfarism is an vital compensation for the restrictions imposed on our lives by the formation of organised state and civil society.

Now that it has been imposed, We can't withdraw the regulations until everyone is back on a even footing. Otherwise it would amount to an elaborate con
>>
>>7726044

She espoused libertarian ideas.

Her philosophy isn't sound.

She didn't live by her professed values.

She was a very successful author while not being technically great.

Plebs hate her because her arguments are good enough that they require a bit of reading and philosophical knowledge to deconstruct.

Patricians accept that she was a popular philosopher who had good ideas, bad ideas, interesting ideas, and books that were just ok.
>>
>>7726086
>Patricians accept that she was a popular philosopher who had good ideas, bad ideas, interesting ideas, and books that were just ok
No, they don't
>>
>>7726086
libertarianism is cool why is that a con
>>
>>7724272
I enjoyed it when I read it at age 18, then I voted for Garry Johnson.

I've come to realize that libertarian economics are as scientifically supported as communist economics, and Ayn Rand was a racist hypocrite. If she thought businessmen were so great she should have been one (and she would have failed terribly).
>>
>>7726086

>she didn't live by her professed values

If you're referring to her taking Social Security, you're neglecting to remember that she'd been paying into Social Security for her entire career in the US. It would be silly to not take benefits when you've paid for them for years.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.