[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>English Major >want to be a teacher >can't focus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1426388218320.jpg (143 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
1426388218320.jpg
143 KB, 638x960
>English Major
>want to be a teacher
>can't focus at all
>can't focus on readings for literature classes, have to listen to the audio book whilst reading
>addicted to 4chan and the internet
Someone please help me. How do you guys focus? I seriously think that I have ADHD or something like it because I can't focus to save my life.
>>
>addicted to 4chan
>asks other 4chan addicts

Take your computer to some experts and have them make it unable to connect to the internet at all.
>>
>>7723565
Oh, and I also can't focus when watching movies or even playing video games. It's terrible
>>
>>7723565
Have you tried AMPHETAMEMES?
>>
mmm wan fuk!
>>
How often do you exercise?
>>
You might very well have ADHD

It's certainly possible

You should talk to a doctor
>>
>>7723582
I don't. And when I did I had the same issues, especially with reading though.

I need to start again though.
>>
I kind of have the same problem. If I ever want/need to read but can't focus, I go take a short walk outside to clear my head and reflect on the reading (or anything else that's bugging me, really). It also helps to find a special reading place that is different from where you 4chan/internet.
>>
>>7723565
Shut off all your tech for a week. No news, no 4chan, no phone, no nothing.

I thought I had ADD until an electrical grid failure took the power out in my town for about 4 days. The first day my thoughts raced like a mother fucker, but by the middle of day 2 my focus improved a bit and near the end I actually started hoping the power wouldn't come back.

If that stuff doesn't help, you can try thoughtfulness/yoga-y stuff. Then get some meds.
>>
>>7723827
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks anon. I get nearly all of my social contact from this place though so that may be hard
>>
>>7723935
You don't even have to be that extreme about it.

Just use some discipline. Pick a time everyday to sit down and read. Start out doing like, 15 minutes, maybe less. Set a timer. Do nothing but read. Don't check your phone. Don't check the time.
Just read.

At first, it will be much like it is now. You'll be scatter brained, you'll want to stop. You'll look for excuses.

But if you keep at it, you'll find that it gets easier.
As this happens, try increasing the time.

If you have a lot of reading to get done, try using this method in segments. Do a 15 minute segment, take a 15 minute break, ext.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.