[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasy Books Recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 318x159
Do you guys have any recommendations like Dungeons and Dragons type of stuff
>>
You'd be better off just playing D&D and other RPGs, OP
>>
That said, you might enjoy The Lord of the Rings by John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 960x960
"Go to lit and ask for fantasy recs. they'll get SO mad and chant GENRE FICTION at you!"

Why read when you have ppl to play dnd with?
>>
Theres a general for this.
Theres a wiki for this.
>>
Try the Inheritance Cycle. Its easy and elementary level fantasy but it's got interesting characters and a decent plot that follows typical dnd format, world is built nicely, dragons are cool, magic is meh, relationships are kept to a minimum
>>
The Name of the wind by Patrick rothfuss
>>
>>7723116
Dragonlance by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Cannot recommend as a fun D&D style book. The first book was based off of a campaign of D&D and the world remains that type of world. The characters are fun and the writing is better than standard fair for fantasy. It is the objectively best answer for your request.
>>
I shouldn't be enabling this type of faggotry but I've seen d&d novels at chapeters in the fantasy aisle
>>
>>7723116
Conan my man, Howard wrote pulp action beautifully.
>>
>>7723116
The Way of Kings (Book 1 of the Stormlight Archive)
>Brandon Sanderson
Also the photo i posted is the cover of this book

The Eye of the World (Book 1 of The Wheel of Time)
>Robert Jordan

Guardians of the Moon (Book 1 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen)
>Steven Erikkson

Wizards First Rule (Book 1 of The Sword of Truth)
>Terry Goodkind
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.