[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into writing exploitative novels for Amazon (kindle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nd32ylyqCY1tnn3n0o1_1280.jpg (565 KB, 1280x1048) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd32ylyqCY1tnn3n0o1_1280.jpg
565 KB, 1280x1048
How do I get into writing exploitative novels for Amazon (kindle only)?

I'd imagine the easiest genre would be romance, but I've started writing a shitty hunger games core YA novel. I was hoping to be done in a week or two but word count is such a bitch; most bestselling novels on Amazon are at least 100k words.

Has anyone made a decent amount of money off of this method? I'm considering calling it a "novella" and releasing several parts, but I have no clue if anyone would buy.
>>
>how can I become chuck tingle level author
>>
>>7722572
chuck tingle is a major inspiration of mine in this field. The goal is to make easy money on the side, spending very little time on each kindle novel in order to spend the majority of time on real writing
>>
>>7722533
Some guy posted that he collected greentexts from various boards and published them on amazon. No idea how much he made but it seems like easy work
>>
I'm considering just rewriting 50 Shades of Twilight meets Harry Potter over and over and over to try to make some money, I think that sort of shit might sell even though I'm a complete amateur hack who can barely string together a one line shitpost.
>>
They actually produce physical copies of books now per order, so it doesn't have to be kindle only
And I don't know honestly, I've been thinking about trying it out because:
1. I'm not too sure how to go about sending my book to other publishers, but I'm still looking into it and I have a friend in England who published a collection of short stories that'sgoing to be beta reading it for me once I'm done and who I could ask about the whole publishing process. (Jordan Dooling, check him out. He wrote a long ass Slender man thing called Oh God the Rapture is Burning that you might have heard of, and also has a few slender-verse blogs, the most popular of which is JordanEatsNormallyNow that inspired a character that has been used in other people's creepypastas)
2. There's a girl in my State, specifically in Austin, MN, who became a millionaire by self publishing a shitty YA series on Amazon and that shit is inspiring senpai

I'm going to give it a shot since it may prove successful. I hope to be able to to make some money on the side, even though I hear it takes about 8 months to start getting money from sales and even then you only get checks every once in awhile. Though, any money coming in is better than no money, and if I can rack up a good amount of books I might get to the point where I coukd start working part time to have more time for writing and/or get discovered by a publisher who might make me an offer that would be more lucrative to write for them.
Either way, it seems like the easiest way to start getting your stuff out there, I just hope I can attract a good audience.
>>
>>7724064
Chick's name is Amanda Hocking
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.