[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your novel, what's it about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Jormungandr_(Location_Boss).jpg (71 KB, 504x388) Image search: [Google]
Jormungandr_(Location_Boss).jpg
71 KB, 504x388
Your novel, what's it about?
>>
the moon, watching over humanity as it progresses.
>>
A teenage hermaphrodite who was adopted by a straight laced but chill guy who owns a truck stop between the coal mines of Kentucky and the interstate that's an hour away. There's a slew of pathetic and quirky Appalachian folk: an old lady named pearl who blows all her money on lottery tickets, her 11 year old granddaughter Mary who has serious mental issues and bathes herself naked in the potholes like a bird, the guy who makes sandwiches in the impromptu deli and smokes way too much weed, the Ford Explorer full of "yo dawg" white boys who think they're black and sell crystal while they think they're a gang, truckers, prostitutes,

It's a coming of age story
>>
Young amoral weapons engineer befriends suicidal vietnam war veteran. Main themes empathy, valor, and psychosis
>>
>>7722519

Medieval superheroes.
>>
After a post nuclear event that has destroyed most of the developed world, refugees have fled to the (mostly) intact Africa continent where they form various shantytowns.

Our novel follows a butcher in a shantytown who also doubles as a mortician by night. But things turn strange when he discovers a live girl in one of the body bags. The plot follows the relationship between these two and the mysteries they uncover.
>>
>>7722519
I am writing about a dystopian future where an empire made by women has just been taken down. The women in this world are naturally smarter than men, so that is why they created this empire that controlled all men. However,since men are stronger than women they eventually overthrow this empire by women.

Due to formation issues, women have to be kept at "farms" that hold them imprisoned.

This is just a quick recap of the plot. I am not going to make it anti-feminist, I am rather going to weave in some intricate criticism on how the world we live in today is far too polarized in all instances.
>>
>>7723631
Fuck, that would turn into a pretty much interesting short story.
>>
File: meme.jpg (315 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
315 KB, 1000x562
A city where all of humanity is kept happy and content in a vaporawave-style 80s/90s nostalgia bubble. A young woman who decides she would quite like human contact instead. The resulting centuries of conflict as her reincarnations struggle to rediscover humanity and in the process completely redefine their utopian surroundings and the world they live in.
>>
>>7723631
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/m.aspx
>>
About why we only do the right thing when we have no alternative.
>>
>>7722519
The story of a guy walking to his car. It is a novel.
>>
>>7725426
I would read the shit out if that.
>>
>>7722519

3000 pages of descriptive cuckold, a month long Odyssey of one mans journey into seeing how much black cock his wife can endure.
>>
A drifting loner with no direction or motivation or friends. He works a menial job and makes half assed attempts at various art projects. Most days he sleeps in and shows up at work just in time, gets a sandwich after work on the way home and stays up half the night reading or watching bootleg art films on VHS. In the book's climax the drifter goes to watch The Passion of Joan of Arc and masturbates in the theatre. He cums all over his jeans and wonders how he's gonna clean it but figures it will dry and goes back to watching.
>>
People finding happiness, peace and beauty in the worst of times.
>>
The last days of humanity at the end of the 19th century.
>>
Twins, A guy and a girl get drunk and get on a boat to go fishing and use fishing rods to defeate an evil albino hermaphrodite Lolita witch
>>
The trials and tribulations of three generations of Italian Americans. All the men of the family die at 50.
Starts with an avalanche. Ends with the house built by the grandfather falling down.
>>
>>7724625
Sky rim?
>>
I get the feeling I am plagiarizing this from somewhere but...

It's about a lonely and pathetic protagonist and his daily quests to acquire a friend. He does things like...join a suicide cult (because it allows him to talk to a girl) and upon identifying his situation...is unable to extricate himself from it because he's spineless and it'd be too awkward.

Thoughts?
>>
>>7723631
regresses*
>>
>>7725158
hi eliot
>>
>>7727550
did you just watch Welcome to the NHK
>>
>>7727595
No...is a pyramid scheme the same as a cult?I definitely feel I am stealing this from somewhere, but I can't remember what it reminds me of. I've written like 50 pages too...
>>
>>7727600
There was a suicide cult scenario too, he just didnt know until the last minute.
>>
>>7727617
Oh, I didn't watch the whole thing.
>>
>>7722519
A eunuch angel in heaven who dreams of impregnating a female camel.
>>
It's about posting ideas for novels online only for them to be stolen.
>>
>>7722519
Alternate history of what if the space race started in 1947 then in 58. The result is a highly militarized world on the brink of atomic holocaust, but a stronger presence in space then we are now. Takes the post war optimism and technological dreams, and reveals the nightmare behind them.
>>
In a world where corporations are literal people, awkward but pretty teen heiress Salome Shekelbloom enters into a passionate relationship with big leisure machine firm Dopasoft. Existential questions are raised when she begins to feel her boyfriend is more concerned with selling her things than making her happy. Features a tragic twist ending.

Young adult, romance.
>>
that time i cucked tao lin with Mira Gonzalez
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452617756999.jpg (73 KB, 832x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452617756999.jpg
73 KB, 832x960
Literally no one will read this, I know because I only read half of the ones here.

It's about a blind and crippled young man who later becomes a powerful martial artist. I didn't want it to be genre fiction so the "message" of the story is that the great evil can produce legendary heros. That and evil individuals are required to cause men and women to strive for peak greatness.
>>
>>7728177
That great evil*
>>
>>7728135
I was going to do a corporations are people book too but I realized I had no idea what I actually wanted to do with the concept.
>>
>>7722519
Immortal guy having adventures in a generic fantasy world and being promiscuous with cute monster girls.
It's smutty.
>>
>>7728177
>I don't want it to be genre fiction
>muh evil
Bravo, anon.
>>
>>7727806
Shit forgot the pic.
>>
>>7728197
Gente fiction means a story without literary merit, is it not? A lot of people would argue that you don't need bad guys in life.

I think we do if we want to be the best we can be. A society that goes through no tests of character becomes a petty and worthless one over time.

Example: If my book's main character wasn't crippled by the main antagonist he would have never achieved all the amazing things that he does.
>>
Is a Fantasy with overarching themes automatically genre fiction?
>>
>>7728252
Probably not. Sorry I don't know a true answer to that.
>>
When David, a dog, finishes his opus magnum novel and kills himself, his owner must find the money needed for his burial.
>>
>>7727338
dude that would be a psychoanalyst's wet dream
>>
A fantasy novel mostly about revenge and the cycle of violence. I want to make a story where any of the major characters can be interpreted as the hero or the villian
>>
>>7722519
The first half of the book is a love-story on a man-made planet resembling a small earth while the second half of the book is a story of what happens after a meteor crashes into it.
>>
A Sci-fi story set in a world where death is nearly vanquished thanks to technology. It follows a man who finds the brain case of the first hivemind human outside of laboratories. Her other bodies descend upon him and he has to try and untangle himself from the mess he's suddenly thrust into.
>>
>>7728236
Interesting topic. Is that all you know or can you share some other interesting nuggets?
>>
>>7722519
I always hope that the people that can't even summarize the plots of their books clearly, aren't actually writing a book but i'd probably be wrong if i believed that.
>>
>>7727303

I look forward to reading your autobiography, Mr. Green.
>>
A thriller where a basement-dwelling neckbeard discovers himself to be hungry, so he ventures upstairs to find his mother has been brutally murdered. He refuses to call the police because the idea of talking to a stranger on the phone makes him anxious. He instead takes his mother's corpse down into the basement where he posts pictures on /b/ of himself performing sex acts on her.

The story concludes with a police investigation into these graphic images on 4chan and they raid our hero's mother's house where they find him. Our hero smiles as he is arrested and taken away. He looks back to his mother, now being tended to by the authorities, and he realises that his plan to 'call' the police has been a success.
>>
>>7728236
What I'm saying is that anything having to do with morality is banal and genre fic-tier, no matter what "argument" you're making for it. It's babby's first "depth" garbage.
>>
Bankers, homicidal bees, and other monstrosities.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.