[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: .jpg (10 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
10 KB, 186x271
thoughts?
>>
>>7721704
Julien Coupat is son of a high executive at Sanofi-Aventis (big pharm) and an MD.
Doesn't mean he's a bad person.
But he went on, after high school, to study business at ESSEC business school in Paris (a highly competitive equivalent of, say, Harvard MBA)
Then he has babby's 1st existential crisis, and acts like a hardcore anarchist.
Please...

I don't mind him, if we don't take him more seriously than Beigbeder.

I read The Coming Insurrection, interesting, but nothing exceptional.

The Sabotage of high speed train lines was nice though. Coupat spent more than 6 months in prison for this, under terrorism charges. The government feared it would trigger a resurgence of far left terrorism.

Do you have the original title for "Theory of Bloom" ? I don't see what you're talking about. Apparently it was published in the 1st edition of Tiqqun.
>>
>>7721818
Theory of Bloom is the english translation for Tiqqun
>>
>>7721704
Self-proclaimed "communists" who name their text after a Joyce character? Come on... How snob can be a communist?

>>7721839
Apparently in French it's "Théorie du Bloom" (theory of the bloom)
>>
Tiqqun was a periodical magazine, not a book.
>>
To catch up with you, I'm reading this, in French, a presentation of "Théorie du Bloom" at Paris8 University https://collectiflieuxcommuns.fr/IMG/pdf_Tiqqun_-_Theorie_du_Bloom.pdf

They have another book called "First material for a theory of the young girl", apparently a political book.
Very dandy, if you ask me. (young girl meaning young woman)
>>
Pretentious, but obviously intelligent people who mastered their Foucault, Deleuze, Baudrillard and Debord.

Can we start a discussion?

It seems to me that every generation of philosophers tries to rehash the Allegory of the Cave (we live in a world of shadows, in the absence of the Real...), and sell it as new. Is it really new?
>>
>>7721704
rich kid couldn't handle the real world
>>
>>7721882
The young girl represents the ideal consumer, whose only existential doubt is what's the best anti-aging cream.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 222x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 222x320
>>7722028
>>
File: img8840.jpg (453 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
img8840.jpg
453 KB, 800x533
>>7722088
>>
File: 14367458._UY453_SS453_.jpg (40 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
14367458._UY453_SS453_.jpg
40 KB, 453x453
>>
>3 ips
why is the guy so mad about this?
>>
>>7722135
I'm not mad. I had only read "The Coming Insurrection", I'm very interested in this excerpt of Tiqqun that OP mentioned. Renews my interest in Tiqqun. OP, please come back!

It's weird how in Tiqqun 1 they use Heidegger to call for a return to metaphysics (if /critical/ metaphysics), while Heidegger was strongly opposed to metaphysics, calling for a return to Being.

Still, their profession of faith, that the world is more than the sum of its objects, is inspiring.

www.tiqqun.org (in french)
>>
littleblackcart.com/books/communism/theory-of-bloom/
>>
>>7722210
online version, theanarchistlibrary.org/library/tiqqun-bloom-theory
>>
>>7722284
>If Bloom is also found in a certain book [Ulysses], it’s because all of us have already crossed paths with him in the street, then, later, in ourselves. This just confirms it.

>One day you pay more attention than usual to the collective silence on a metro line, and are overtaken by a deep shiver, a primal horror, coming out from behind the shared fakery of contemporary morals and suddenly plain for all to see.

>The last man, man of the street, man of the crowd, man of the masses, mass-man; that’s how THEY represented Bloom to us at first: as the sad product of the time of the multitudes, as the catastrophic child of the industrial era and the end of all enchantments. But even there, no matter the name, there’s still that shiver; THEY shiver before the infinite mystery of ordinary man. Each of us feels a pure force growing behind the theater of our qualities, hiding out there; a pure force that we’re all supposed to ignore.

>What’s left is the necessary anxiety we think we can appease by demanding of one another a rigorous absence from each other’s selves, and an ignorance of a force which is common, but is now unqualifiable, because it is anonymous. And the name of that anonymity is Bloom.
>>
An embarrassing attempt for some god awful reason replace a solid Marxian revolutionary theory and history with vague, difficult rehashing of ultraleftist/anarcho readings of Deleuze, Foucault, and Heidegger.

Somehow Being and Time or Difference and Repetition are the foundation for revolutionary practice but Capital is icky.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.