[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dean Koontz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Picked this book up at an auction yesterday, I never read any of his books but I've seen some of his movies on /tv/ and I figured I'd pick this up since it was only 12 bucks.

Is the book any good, and do you like him as a writer?
>>
he's crap.

and i really tried to like him, because i have a cousin who really likes him. read probably a half dozen of his books. and i shamelessly enjoy stephen king, michael crichton and game of thrones, so i'm not just some smug e/lit/ist who disregards koontz out of hand because of "muh genre" bs.
>>
oh, and also
>12 bucks

for future reference, you can pick his stuff up at a thrift store for like a quarter.
>>
>>7721573
It's got his signature, so I thought it was interesting.
>>
>Weam Koontr
>>
He doesn't even write his own books anymore. There's a team of writers that release books under his name. Most people don't notice because they're all formulaic.
>>
>>7721536
Isn't he just a slightly more competent but less versatile Stephen King? I read so much of that kind of shit that I got sick of it at some point and started reading things like the meme trilogy for fun.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.