[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on a poor fag stealing a book from a Waterstone's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Shadow and Claw - Gene Wolfe.jpg (42 KB, 401x600) Image search: [Google]
Shadow and Claw - Gene Wolfe.jpg
42 KB, 401x600
Opinion on a poor fag stealing a book from a Waterstone's?
>>
there is this place in every town where you can go and take any book you want without paying for it as long as you promise to bring it back when you have finished reading it

it's called a "library"
>>
>>7720362
Thats where I drop my books off when i finish reading them I don't keep them
and I do use the library when thy have said book I want.
I feel its ok in some kinda low level Robin Hood way.
But I'm not sure if the big bookstores are as financially stable as they seem
>>
Can't you buy from AbeBooks? If you can't even afford ~£2-5 then I feel seriously sorry for you
>>
>>7720362
Not OP.

Materialistic aspect of actually owning the book could not be understated more. I feel that the judgemental attitude towards liking the covers, having the text in your posession - it's unjustified. This is the difference between have a one-night fling and being in a relationship.
>>
>>7720367
OP
If I do fall in love with a book i do see myself keeping it
>>
File: 1454826650394.jpg (190 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1454826650394.jpg
190 KB, 1024x768
>>7720362
>>7720365
Do you guys think the library wants the thrift store books I've bought once I'm done with them? It seems like if they did they'd just drive to one of the like 20 thrift stores, and buy them out of their 50 cent books themselves.
>>
As long as you steal from a big name store and not some mom & pop's. If you can get away with it, good for you. If not you're a retard but as I see it not in the wrong.
>>
>>7720346
Steal them online from bookzz. Don't actually steal, that's wrong. An electronic copy that you were never going to buy anyhow isn't that had because it doesn't cause anyone a monetary loss. Stealing a hard copy is stealing labor, shipping, and that stores future.
>>
Dumbass just download it then buy a physical copy if you actually like it

I first read Book of the New Sun on my PSP
>>
Just go to a second hand bookshop. You can pick up paperbacks for a maximum £4
>>
>>7721694
The way I have compartmentalized this, is that it is basically the NEET library. No longer do I have to get off my ass and drive to the library, I just download. If I wasn't downloading, I would still be getting it for free from the library. There is no chance I am going to pay for books with how much I read.
>>
Richfag here. What's your PayPal OP?
>>
>>7720346
Retarded

Just download free ebup from internet
>>
File: WTF Bait.jpg (105 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
WTF Bait.jpg
105 KB, 1198x1200
>>7721719
?
>>
File: cff.png (65 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65 KB, 625x626
>>7721719
>meant this a image
Is it bait?
>>
>>7720500

The library I go to takes donations and just sells them for $2 each to fund the library. I think if they actually want a book they go through a different process. Some thrift stores also take donations.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.