[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some great books written AND set in 2005 or later?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: meme.png (250 KB, 464x254) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
250 KB, 464x254
What are some great books written AND set in 2005 or later?

I'm so tired of reading about the early to mid 20th century.
>>
SuperSadTrueLoveStory
Other than that there are only Instagram posts, nenes and emojis. Your generation kind of sucks
>>
My diary desu
>>
>>7719461
That book blows
>>
>>7719461
The otter is Pepe.

OP: Read Taipei. It's written AND set past 2005 AND a meme.
>>
"The Birds, The Frogs, & The Mosquitoes" takes place across 50 years but the main story is set in 2013.
>>
>>7719585
What is this?
>>
I'm writing a memoir it's gonna be ill senpai

there are precisely zero books from people my age that aren't sf, paranormal teen romance, or the like
>>
John Green
>>
something by Houellebeqc
>>
File: Seiobo-jart-odalent.jpg (19 KB, 290x480) Image search: [Google]
Seiobo-jart-odalent.jpg
19 KB, 290x480
Seiobo There Below
and
The World Goes on

Although the latter does not seem to be available in English yet.
Anyways, both books have some stories that are set before 2005 (though never early to mid 20th century, I think), but those that are set in the present do feel very much set in the present. I mean, Krasznahorkai often focusses on the contrast between tradition and the very modern world. He writes about Chinese super highways, visiting the Akropolis in a wholly chaotic and loud modern day Athens, a stupid Westerner trying to attend an ancient holy Japanese ritual (and being allowed to, and his Japanese friend internally dying of shame), …
Hope that fits your bill.
>>
>>7719703
He just basically describes how drab and dull life is between the sex encounters where he gets to lick slits and cum on their faces, and then reflecting on how sex is the only good thing in life, basically. It's the normalfag's idea of exit-core literature.

3/10 would not recommend.
>>
>>7719484
Not mine, you child
>>
Does The Long Earth count?
>>
>>7720454
The Long Earth fucking sucks dude
>>
>>7719461
Can confirm, that book is shit.
>>7719582
Taipei is the best of Tao's work, but still not really great or anything. Readable, but will be forgotten.
>>7720439
Nice surface level interpretation, bro.
OP, read The Map and the Territory or Soumission. Very different books. The Map and the Territory is the furthest from this poster's meme, therefore it is never discussed here. It did win the Prix Goncourt, so it's widely held to be one of his best. Soumission is an excellent critique of the fall of European culture, not from an edgy outsider but from one of the apathetic masses who just go with it.

Adam Johnson's Fortune Smiles is an excellent short story collection, just skip the first story.
>>
bump this is a good question
>>
>>7720439
The fuck?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.