[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got the urge to do some experimental writing, What do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: ex.jpg (33 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
ex.jpg
33 KB, 640x424
Got the urge to do some experimental writing, What do you think of this? Also what are some other experimental writers, I feel like what I'm really looking for is text art. BTW the point in the piece below is to create the illusion of it being a multi-layered, post modern story about, possibly being gay, without actually being one. I was wondering how long people would read on if there were enough clues and enough there to make people think it might be about something.

KEEP READING

Firstly some acknowledgments: This is a short story, and I am the narrator, though to what degree you will never know; also, I am a pedophile.
I am not a pedophile, merely a homosexual, though would the two be so different merely 60 years ago?
But this is not what this is about; what this is about cannot be explained yet, you doubt me I’m sure, having stung you along this far, you feel this is all a game to me.
I can assure you that it is not, but to what degree?

To answer this question I must introduce 4 characters

1. The Wendigo – A Native American legend pertaining to a shape shifting spirit that feeds on human flesh.
2. Arnold J: my first love; my father; a mechanic from Western Pennsylvania.
3. Trudy: Our antagonist? Hardly.
4. 45TH American president Ronald Regan.

Now, Characters 2 & 4 have been consumed by the Wendigo, is that significant? This is your mission. Our antagonist sits on a park bench, reading from a book entitled Keep Reading: The Power of No. She is remembering her childhood.

Let me, the narrator, now go on to place myself inside the story, my name is Keep Reading: The Power of Stephen Smith. I am not dead.

Now, if you were paying attention (my life depends on it dear god) you will know that the above will help you workout to what degree this is a game to me; what type of game I will come out and tell you: It is a game you’ve never heard of, but here are the rules…

There are two players: the Homosexual and the Wendigo, either can be the narrator.
>>
>>7718873
youre the homosexual right?
>>
>>7718873
I didn't take long for me to realize there is nothing to it. I dislike this sort of drivel but I suppose it isn't the first of its kind and my preference means nothing. However I will tell you that you should keep writing if only for the satisfaction I imagine it to yield you as it does for me. I wouldn't read something so disconnected from itself but others would; write as you like, there are enough readers that someone is statistically bound to like whatever you write.
>>
>>7719902
>>7719849
Hmmm yeah came on in a bit a fit, might just leave it.
No I'm not, that means it's working.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.