[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think about this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: haruki_murakami.jpg (29 KB, 620x456) Image search: [Google]
haruki_murakami.jpg
29 KB, 620x456
I started reading "Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman" which is basically a compilation of his short stories and I enjoy it so far. What do you think /lit/ ?
>>
>>7718221

>>7715150
Pic related
>>
>>7718616
this honestly, murakami is terrible
>>
There's a reason Borges is referred to as "the Argentinian Murakami", and it's not because his predecessor is bad.
>>
>>7718627
>Borges is referred to as "the Argentinian Murakami"
>>
>>7718221

I read Norwegian Wood and I enjoyed it. It's basically YA, but whatever, it was fun.

>>7718627

What
>>
should i start with Kafka On The Shore?
>>
>>7718627
nigger, who said that? the fuck.
>>
>>7718878
>>7718649
you got trolled
>>7718638
at least this guy greentexted it
>>
>>7718221
Recently finished "Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki" and thought it was one of the worst books I'd read in a while.
>>
>>7718221
I can understand why a lot of /lit/ don't like him, but, I think his books are very easy and comfortable to read; the stories themselves are alright too.

>>7718672
I liked The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle more than Kafka On The Shore
>>
>>7719019
My library doesn't have that, but I can order it
>>
Murakami's short stories are FAR better than any of his novels. Even his essays are better than his novels.
>>
I have liked Wind Up Bird Chronicles and 1Q84(first one I read by him actually and loved it but be warned, a lot don't like it). I was not a fan of Norwegian Wood.
>>
>>7718221
I think he's great. /lit/ is pretty divided on murakami. read for yourself and decide.

start with Norwegian wood for more realistic

kafka on the shore for surrealistic

he won't blow your mind. he's just a FUN author. he has a ray chandler-esque detective story vibe that keeps you hooked. his English translations have the prose of ray carver but not as minimal. the cadence and pacing are there in spades though. I like how succinct he is when he does talk about life in general too.

again all the things I like about him are reasons why others may not. READ FOR YOURSELF, LAZY SHIT.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.