[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever read this? If so, is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 841x1262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 841x1262
Has anyone ever read this? If so, is it any good?
>>
File: gcmg.png (339 KB, 1086x219) Image search: [Google]
gcmg.png
339 KB, 1086x219
>>7718078
I have the book but never got to read it. I did see the movie so I'll give a summery from that.

Teen boy (Craig, 16) has depression and almost tried to jump a bridge but realises he is too pussy to An Hero and checks into the hospital mental-health clinic and stays for a week. Meets a guy named Bobby becomes his mentor/guy buddie meets a girl Noelle who he starts to "like" even though he already has a batshit crazy GF. In the end he is released and him and Noelle goes on a date and it ends. Craig is happier so THE END. Also Bobby & Noelle attempted suicide once so thats mostly why they quickly bond w/ Craig. 6/10 It's okey if you like depression stuff.

Also the movie cast is pretty decent IMO.
>>
typical whiny YA bullshit, but the movie had zack galifiankis in it which was cool.
>>
my mom rented the movie and i watched it with her. it was shit nd the director (or was it writer?) killed himself which is kind of a funny story itself considering the whole thing is about how much there is to live for

basically a generic piece of shit wish fulfillment romance tho. young angsty boy nobody understands meets cute quirky girl who shows him life. pathetic cuck shit breeding a generation of beta males.
>>
>>7718342
Yea, that's kinda what I thought when I saw the book. Oh well
>>
>>7718219
>>7718342
Dang I forgot to add that. It was the Author of the book he An hero by jumping off the roof of the building where his parents live.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/21/books/ned-vizzini-author-of-teenage-novels-dies-at-32.html
>>
I read it when I was 15 and my friend gave it to me after I was released from a mental hospital. I thought it was onbnoxious garbage and I can't really think of a better time to read it.
>>
As far as YA fiction goes, it's actually near the top. However, that says more about the quality of the genre than the quality of this book. The voice is certainly juvenile, but the story had some decent overreaching themes and a subliminally hopeful message. That being said, the writing was pretty horrible (although this is not uncommon for YA literature).
If you liked YA or enjoyed Catcher in the Rye in your 12th grade english class, you will probably like this book. 4/10
>>
It's alright.
It's kind of a funny story.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.