[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody here a fan of Mark Z. Danielewski? If so, what do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: One Rainy Day in May.jpg (352 KB, 1341x2048) Image search: [Google]
One Rainy Day in May.jpg
352 KB, 1341x2048
Is anybody here a fan of Mark Z. Danielewski? If so, what do you think of his very ambitious project The Familiar?
Apparently it's going to be up to a 27 volume series, but if interest wanes he might end it early. It's projected the final volume will be released 13-15 years from now. It's supposed to emulate the feel of binge-watching a television serial. Also, reports are that he's already finished writing ~the first half of the series and it just needs to be printed by the printer.
Also: what does /lit/ think of House of Leaves (and his other books)?
>>
liked house of leaves despite gimmickry.

this 27 volume shit upsets me vastly. how many trees is that going to take up? most of the pages are 3/4ths empty anyways. god damn him.

God had better strike him down soon
>>
is there any more to the concept besides it just being incredibly long?
>>
At 25$ a book there is no fucking way I'm buying all of them but house of leaves is goat
>>
>>7717763
Maybe he'll move to printing them on hemp paper? Who's to say they aren't already?
>>
>>7717769
If you're too poor to afford a $25 ($30 here in Canada) book once every six or so months, you're beyond help.
>>
I liked House of Leaves, it was okay. I read VOL 1 of this, and it was okay. I bought volume 2 and it was iffy, so I gave both to my little sister. She loves it
>>
>>7717756
this is just messing with people who have OCD
>>
>>7717756
Loved House of Leaves. I'm sorry Mark but if I ever get around to reading the familiar, I'll buy the first few volumes and pirate the rest. I'm not spending 500+ dollars on this series, no matter how good it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (427 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
427 KB, 1200x1400
Just like Sufjan... Too ambitious. Also, MZD hasn't convinced me of his genius. House of Leaves was great but it wasn't stunning. I'm not going to shell out $20 27 times. I guess that's what libraries are for...
>>
Does /lit/ just hate used books? I can't remember the last time I shelled out 25 bucks for a new book.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.