[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought this, what are /lit/ thoughts about it, and about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: knut-hamsun-pan001.jpg (48 KB, 424x672) Image search: [Google]
knut-hamsun-pan001.jpg
48 KB, 424x672
I just bought this, what are /lit/ thoughts about it, and about Knut Hamsun.
>>
Literally who
>>
>>7716625
Hunger was great, but I haven't read anything else.
>>
>>7716630
Literally kill urself jk dont do it pls
>>
>>7716625
Haven't read Pan yet, but I've read Hunger and Growth of the Soil.
The style of both were very different but his overarching voice is great. Good storyteller. Not too complex, but still deep.
>>
>>7716648
same as you. Growth of the Soil is a fucking masterpiece, also one of the comfiest things ever written
>>
>>7716630
why are you on lit? fucking mug.
>>
>>7716750
Extremely comfy. It's sad how the world/society interferes with Isak's life and how I can't go live like he did (not allowed and not capable).
Geissler is a true bro.
>>
someone told me hamsun and hesse are similar. confirm/deny anons? i've read hesse extensively and hamsun not at all.
>>
>>7716625

It's great. Better than Hunger. It is very emotional and the style is simple and spot-on for that kind of story.
>>
the epilogue of pan is some of the best cuckolding i have ever read
>>
>I just bought this
holy shit just read the fucking book before you make a thread about it
>>
>>7716771

I read Hunger and Pan from Hamsun and only the Glass Bead Game from Hesse. I can't find any similarities desu, but I need to read more Hesse for sure.
>>
Anyone read Mysteries by Hamsun? It's definitly his strangest book, it has alot of dreams and abstract / hard to interpret stuff in it.
It went over my head for sure but I enjoyed it alot.
>>
>>7716874
this. read the book just for the afterword
>>
>>7716771
well, i've read hunger and steppenwolf respectively and the narrating style is similar, but I can't say thet it is the case woth their other works
>>
loving this book, his style is so outstanding nearly hysterical, look at amount of exclamations marks, and flashy dialogues encompasing reality of mentally ill person
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.