[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patrician
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1.png (2 MB, 1700x1419) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2 MB, 1700x1419
http://qz.com/602956/these-are-the-books-students-at-the-top-us-colleges-are-required-to-read/?utm_source=FBP021916_2

Of these collated reading lists, which reflects the most patrician curriculum?

I'm leaning towards U. Penn, Yale, and Brown, if you're a leftist.

Feel like I could have predicted U. Chicago's
>>
>>7716516
>if you're a leftists
But we're all reactionaries here. We drove the leftists out
>>
>>7716523
cryptomarxist detected
>>
>The Clash of Civilizations Huntington, Samuel

I thought he fell out of favor because muh bloody borders of islam

Also when I first got into reading more than genre fiction (in like 2000) I used the syllabi from Boston College and Harvard to find out what I should be reading from the classics department, it served me well.
>>
>>7716523
I still see some Debord posts on here every now and again. I feel like there was an infiltration of tumblr-teir SJW, then the reactionaries, and now back to folks who can discuss Benjamin intelligently.

>>7716541
Being a tenured professor means you get to do whatever the fuck you want.

Sure it's out of favor, but old stooges teaching it aren't going to be out of a job until they're literally dead.
>>
>>7716516
Also,

> Ethics and Politics but no Poetics.
>>
>>7716516
bump
>>
>tfw I will never attend an Ivy
>tfw no matter how elitist my taste is, I will always be limited by my mediocre lower middle class background
>tfw these people are being are being trained to change and lead the world and culture while I sit here shitposting on /lit/
It hurts. It fucking hurts.
>>
>>7717681
Fuck the ivys anon. They dont have a monopoly on taste. Your art can transcend your status.
>>
>>7717681
so start a fucking business and blast into the upper echelons of the 1%, if you're truly meant to be ruling class, then you'll make it, if not then god didn't choose you
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.