[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about ideology Why does he wear the mask?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Tell me about ideology

Why does he wear the mask?
>>
File: stern luke skywalker.jpg (9 KB, 255x364) Image search: [Google]
stern luke skywalker.jpg
9 KB, 255x364
>>7716126
*sniff*
*rubs nose*

What does he mean by this? He does it more than anything else, every time he speaks. This must be the true core of his philosophy, the truth underlying his ideology. How can we decipher this to truly access the greatness his mind has to offer?
>>
Ideology is a mask that we aren't even aware we're wearing.

"They do not know it, but they are doing it." - Karl Marx
>>
>>7716148
Marx glugged ideology 24/7, and he loved it. He is a fedora. Don't make me post my tattered copies of Das Kapital and my stack of books from Haymarket Books dot org by posting "Oh, you probably don't even understand it!!"
>>
he is wondering why the subject would try to grasp the object petit a before traversing the fantasy
>>
>>7716233
different definitions of ideology. marx's definition is more strict than how we use the word today. it was specifically about how workers believe they are doing x, y, or z thing when they are really just an instrument for profit. for example, a person working at starbucks may believe they are helping make the world a better place by buying fair trade beans, but their labor still only benefits the capitalists vis a vis profit.

zizek takes this definition of ideology and expands it from marx's strictly class analysis by placing it into a greater theory of subjectivity. of course zizek and others realize marx and communists glugged ideology, zizek's first book is replete with examples of how ideology functioned under stalin.

if you actually read zizek instead of making a thread on an estonian soap carving forum you'd understand that you fucking pleb
>>
>>7716370
>estonian soap carving forum
This is getting out of hand.
>>
Because no one cared who he was until he put on the mask
>>
>>7716126
I wish Zizek would somehow fade into obscurity again. Theres nothing more annoying than the constant stream of faggots sharing zizek and communist memes on facebook while never actually reading anything on the subject
>>
>>7716370

You haven't read Marx have you? Ideology is the reflection in the mind of material conditions. Ideology is how a given society uses ideas to justify and facilitate the reproduction of society and the relations therein.
>>
>>7716233
Haymaket books are a pretty good prublisher. Good intros end notes and translation. I would recommend trotsky's literature and revolution
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.