[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good writers that are also simpletons >muh experienze!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 309x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 309x475
What are some good writers that are also simpletons
>muh experienze!
>muh if you try you could make errors
>muh do things and you will be good
>muh read and listen everyday
>muh funny :^) devil carnival :^)
>jus be yourself :^)
Faust was clear idea to ending age started by Divine Comedy, but seriously Goethe is retarded compare to Dante, his epic is progressively worse (DC is progressively better), biggest joke is ending - stupid, NAIVE ending (compare harsh mediaval morality with forgivable morality of Faust seen by eyes of weak, romantic character - jus do thing and you will be all right! - hi la rious) that does not leave reader with any thoughts afterward. Anyway, Goethe still is genius, and his this books has a lot of great memes. How he did it?
>>
whats with being simple?
>>
Did you even read part 2 lol or just the last scene?
>>
>>7715940
All Faust faults does no matter cause he at the end he wanted to make good for others. How it is not naive and overly forgivable conclusion
>>
>>7715989
that is literally the opposite of what happened lol

so yeah you only read the last little bit of part 2 and you didn't even understand that
>>
>>7715999
>>7715999
>>7715999
What? So tell me what exactly i havent understand?
>Gretchen
>Faust at palace being epic mage
>quest to find Helena
>Euforion - death of romantic poet
>using king fir Faust own good and making him nearly bankrupt
>incidentally killing old peoples at bay
So every one of those cases Faust fucked up, except at the end he wanted to make this village and help peoples, however even then he must payed blood of those 2 innocent victims. Literally just try and you will be fine even if nothing goes good - conclusion. Homunculus and quest for fire agree with water was beautiful part but with no correlation to story (except muh man naturally strive for higher things meme). Could you explain your objections, what is your interpretation for God forgiving him everything?
>>
>>7716079
ok part 2 isn't just about faust the individual, but about the marriage between greek culture (which goethe perceived as the most perfect one to have ever been achieved) and his own german culture.

idk why you dismiss the aspect of human striving since that's the core of the story, and faust's own individual striving (and to a lesser extent the homunculus') is expanded into that of humanity/society as a whole.

however, and this is explicitly stated in the last scene (using BT translation; not perfect but it will do I don't have my books with me)

All of mortality's
Vain unrealities
Die, and the Star above
Beam but Eternal love

It's simple, yes, but it's no more or less so than the ending of Paradiso in which the pilgrim affirms God's eternal love and how it drives the motion of the world/university, and explicitly states it is beyond human understand/capability to describe. The lines

All things transitory
But as symbols are sent:
Earth's insufficiency
Here grows to Event:
The Indescribable,
Here it is done

very much echo this.

Earlier the angels state:

The noble Spirit now is free,
And saved from evil scheming:
Whoe'er aspires unweariedly
Is not beyond redeeming
And if he feels the grace of Love
That from On High is given,
The Blessed Hosts, that wait above,
Shall welcome him to Heaven!

Faust is saved 1. due to his undeterred striving (just like humanity as a whole shall/is redeemed by this), and also 2. because of divine intercession (in this particular case from Gretchen)

It had very little/nothing to do with his own intentions of helping the people with the land reclamation project. Earthly and individual actions matter very little by the end of this, as everything is sublimated into thing "divine," and applicable to all of humanity.
>>
What's your first language op?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.