[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, this valentine's day, I went and became a beta fuck,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: Heloise-Abelard-lovers.png (967 KB, 680x746) Image search: [Google]
Heloise-Abelard-lovers.png
967 KB, 680x746
Hi, this valentine's day, I went and became a beta fuck, wrote some poor poems for someone but got humiliated instead.

So I was wondering if I should keep reading XIIe century shit or move forward?
>>
i love you anon but you know the entire french court of love was based on queen elinor never fucking you
>>
>>7715153
I wasn't expecting that, but after reflection the alexandrin form was not respected in 1/4 of the times and the font held no real value. Shs even said it was embarrassing. But I've been reading a good Troyes novel and I enjoy it so far. I was thinking about reading the Lais after that, but I'm not so sure.
>>
>>7715128
Anon you have to realize that women don't want to be courted with poems anymore. They want to be courted with Ayyyyyy, Emojis, Netflix, or Alcohol/Drugs. Instead of writing poems for the woman you want to ask out just ask her for her number and text her for a bit with emojis and then ask her out in person or over text(If and only if over text if she mentions a place she wants to try or a food she wants)
>>
>>7715175
You don't understand anon, I didn't send my shitty poems on Facebook, it was in person, back at her place, on her bed, alone, trading gifts as planned. I wanted to make my friend feel good, that's all. But it actually didn't.
>>
>>7715180
But what I said still applies. Women don't want poetry. Its embarrassing and not considered to be romantic anymore. What you should have done to express your feelings is tell her how you feel directly. Women like emotional contact and conversation. Save the Poetry as a hobby and something you enjoy doing. She clearly does not enjoy it.
>>
>>7715188
I don't love her though, but I get your point. Poems are good, although not for teh opposite sex.
>>
>>7715197
Yes, I know some women might enjoy Poetry casually so its not to say its not for the opposite sex but most women are not into it. Some people have more appreciation for it than others. Would you mind posting some of it if that isn't too much to ask?
>>
>>7715206
It's in french, are you okay with that?
>>
>>7715210
Yes I'm perfectly fine with that.
>>
>>7715214
Hold the tap open then, I'll write it down.
>>
>>7715214
Fouïnant parmi tous ces débris, je perçois là
Tes jolies yeux, j'en rougis après réflexions.
Je gardais le simple espoir d'entendre ton nom
Et, qu'un seul instant, je sois familer pour toi.

L'entreprise sans fruit nourrit mon dépit.
J'envoie mes coulombes en des lieux communs
Et retrouve, un moment, un amour à jeun.
Alors l'arrière-pensée èrre, morne aussi.

Que de surprise lorsque je te vis enfin;
Assise, rangée... Ah! Coincidence venue!
Pourtant je pris crainte, les mots ne sortaient point.

Assez, jeux fous! Il est temps que je sois su.
Le destin frappe, détonne d'un espoir sain
À l'intérêt de ton bonheur, qu'il me soit nu.

That's the first one.
>>
File: sperg poem.jpg (675 KB, 3160x2316) Image search: [Google]
sperg poem.jpg
675 KB, 3160x2316
>>7715128
Can't be as bad as this guy.
>>
>>7715218
Its pretty nice actually, not the best, don't sell yourself short..
>>
>>7715231
I guess it is, since I really tried to respect the form and I reworked it a few times before writring it down in the official notebook. Thanks.
>>
>>7715218
Beta as fuck mon frere
>>
>>7715243
It sure is, but I'd much rather focus on the form tbqh, so I don't feel too humiliated about it.

Besides, I made about 4-5 other poems too. :')
>>
>>7715229
Every time I read this I feel repulsed, confused, and embarrassed.
>>
>>7715218

does she speak french?

or were you in be with a girl and decide to recite multiple poems that you wrote, in a foreign language, to her?
>>
>>7715266
Yes, she speaks french as a native language.
>>
>>7715274
Is French your native language?
>>
>>7715266
Maybe I should have recited them? I just handed over the book and let her read it here and there.
>>
>>7715277
Yes it is.
>>
>>7715277
>>7715281
Which is great because I can read Montaigne, Molière, etc. all in the original tongue with little difficulties. Of course I'm talking about the actualized version of these texts, I can't read XIIe century original french.
>>
>>7715278
Well, neither option is good.
>>7715281
Nothing good could come out of this situation, but that would make it a little less worse.
>>7715294
Just buy the version with the French next to the English. That way your shit French won't seem so shit. Trust me it makes you feel smart.
>>
>>7715304
Thanks, but why would I buy the peasant english version of a fine french text?
>>
>>7715278
>Maybe I should have recited them? I just handed over the book and let her read it here and there
I think I see where the problem lies.
Nigga come on.
>>
>>7715319
Shit. I'm much more embarrassed now.
>>
>>7715318
No, the French is on the left page and the English on the right. That way you can enhance your pretending of the French language. You don't actually know it, but you can confidently read it to a drunk girl in your bed without having to make a thread on here about it afterwards.
>>
>>7715336
I was born a native french speaker though.
>>
>>7715342
Not the point. You just have to pretend to know things by now. If you are on her bed, then you have to try to fuck up.
>>
>>7715347
I understand your point now.
>>
>>7715332
Don't. Think about what you can do from now on. If you can't recite poetry you're not a poet. Think about it, you wrote that poem for that exact moment, didn't you? And you just gave the paper to her? You seriously thought that poem should never have been recited aloud? Then what's its purpose?
>>
>>7715360
I am always one to claim poems should be recited. And I can't answer, honestly, I might be the stupidest fuck here, it was evident that I should have at least recite one or two of the good ones. I wrote them for the whole time we knew eachothers (about more than 2 years thus far.) I already write a lot and she reads and corrects it, I thought that maybe writing something for her would be a good idea.
>>
>>7715229
That passive aggressiveness at the end, my god.
>at least give me a proper reason for rejecting me. I know you're single by the way...
What leaves me speechless is that he didn't do that in a face to face conversation where it can happen that you spill spaghetti, no, he did it on fucking facebook where he has the time to actually think before posting.
>>
>>7715368
Then prepare and recite it, that's all there is to it. She won't hate you for that. If she's the kind of person who finds poetry awkward then she's already thinking you're a weirdo by now, might as well finish what you started, but if she corrects your texts I don't see that happening.
>>
>>7715383
I'm not about to go back in there and recite what has already been ruined by none other than myself. I'd rather have her throw the whole thing in the garbage tbqh. We reviewed them for correction on the form, but nothing more and thank god for that.
>>
>>7715395
Then, considering what you've said, you'd be left forever with a feeling of regret.
>>
>>7715368
Were you drunk when this happened?
>>
>>7715410
Not at all, we were both clean. Had a cup of tea, though.
>>7715408
I still visited her wednesday and she's coming over on sunday, as usual :^) I feel deeply ahsamed, but fortunately we had two years to enjoy eachother and she's always one to easily discard my feelings and stuff like that, so I'm sure she's doing just fine.
>>
>>7715418
I was just trying to justify your reasoning. I have probably done worse as a drunk intellectual, but I can just imagine how bad this situation was.

It she is coming over this weekend, just be yourself and don't try hard to do anything, especially if your instinct is to try to correct the situation. She sounds more mature that you, so just smooth the situation over and hope that things go back to normal.
>>
>>7715421
Considering last wednesday, I'd say things did go back to normal. And the wednesday I'm talking about is the most recent one, the one after Valentine's day. I did tell her I was sorry about the whole thing and that I enjoyed very much was she cooked for me, though.
>>
>>7715418
>she's always one to easily discard my feelings and stuff like that
Listen, I understand how you feel but my point has always been: why would you want that? You want her to "discard your feelings" after you're gone as far as writing her a poem that describes how you felt about your relationship over the years?
Seems like you're not honest with yourself here.
You don't need to sperg, just tell her you were anxious when you gave her the poem because it described your relationship over the years and you couldn't recite it. From what you said you already made it clear you don't have romantic feelings for her but she's an important person to you, right?

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>7715439
You're not missing anything, and I did it for that reason too. I feel like my work was not superior enough to my liking and, with reflection, I would throw it in the trash without much remorse, because I could have made better than that in my opinion. She did like them, but found them admittedly embarrassing for me.
>>
>>7715418
I did the same on valentines too bro (no poetry) and got the same reaction. If she's the person you think she is, then you'll both get over it quickly and continue the friendshup
>>
She's fucking Gaspard the handsome 6'2" Breton right now and laughing about your actions
>>
>>7715477
Thanks. I guess she is less of a sperg than me, I will do my best to forget about this unfortunate event and move forward.
>>
>>7715485
> actions
> not gests
One job, mate.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.