[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I check out the correct translation, /lit/? Or should I return
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1455848918767-1201307475.jpg (713 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1455848918767-1201307475.jpg
713 KB, 2048x1152
Did I check out the correct translation, /lit/? Or should I return it to the library?
>>
File: 1454630710146.png (143 KB, 326x367) Image search: [Google]
1454630710146.png
143 KB, 326x367
>FAGles
>>
>>7714260
Should I take this as a "no," or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>7714267
Both.
>>
>>7714271
Aight. Thanks f a m
>>
The supplementary texts are always welcome but <Fitzgerald.
>>
I don't know about the Odyssey, but my teacher assigned the Fagles translation of the "Iliad" and it was incredible.

I would suggest you just try reading a few lines for yourself and if you aren't satisfied, pick up the Lattimore translation of the Odyssey, which my teacher assigned for class.
>>
>>7714255
Youre food mi compa
>>
>>7714308
Did your prof say why they chose the Lattimore version?
>>
>>7714352
No, they were just on the reading list. Sorry.
>>
fagles is fine for "starting with the greeks"

If you want art then read it in greek.
>>
>>7714308
>I don't know about the Odyssey, but my teacher assigned the Fagles translation of the "Iliad" and it was incredible.
jesus christ. Fagles is only not the worst translation because prose translations exist.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.