[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello I'm looking for books just like that one it is about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 838518._UY200_.jpg (9 KB, 129x200) Image search: [Google]
838518._UY200_.jpg
9 KB, 129x200
Hello I'm looking for books just like that one it is about self development and overall thinking and acting stuff.
It'll be my first physical book ever, thank you
>>
>>7712910
>Hello I'm looking for books just like that one it is about self development and overall thinking and acting stuff.

Be more specific, because I could give you a whole lot of recommendations based on this criteria alone.

What are you hoping to achieve Anon?
>>
>>7713017
Sorry I don't speak english well, I speak french
I'm looking to develop a new way thinking also some financial advice, and be more "happy to live" because I'm a little depersonalized in my inside..
I've read dale carnegie, napoleon hill and my favourite robert anton wilson.
>>
File: Babbys first.jpg (513 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
Babbys first.jpg
513 KB, 2048x1366
>>7713044
Well since you're French, you might start out with The Stranger in seeking happiness.

Though these are mostly philosophical and will have less to do with practicality.

Here, good luck
>>
You need to ditch the "pls-tell-me-wat-to-do" mentality and get into the habit of scrutinizing what you read.

It all boils down to being able to solve problems; and nothing is more potent at that than logic and mathematics. There is a reason it is neutral (strictly speaking not wholly true, but you need to convince yourself of this until you're advanced enough) and a perfect instrument for this. You need to attain a certain point in your knowledge that you're able to examine, independently, somebody's line of thought, see through it, see what's wrong with it, and so on. As you progress, things you once perceived as hard, difficult, or complex, should slowly begin to untangle, etc.
>>
File: pope_3.jpg (26 KB, 204x318) Image search: [Google]
pope_3.jpg
26 KB, 204x318
>>7712910
read Raw's other works like
>The Cosmic Trigger Trilogy
>Quantum Psychology
and his fiction work is just as good for self development
>The Illuminatus! Trilogy
>>
>>7713044
>Tolstoy's Gospels
>The Upanishads
>Aristotle's Ethics
>Confucian works
>Tao Te Ching (Dao De Zhing)
>Epicurus

Are all really good recommendations, and you should read all of these if you can. But what I would overwhelming recommend in a true existential search is the Old Testament. I could only recommend English translations (the best being the King James Version and Robert Alter's more recent translations) but in the Hebrew bibles you find, first of all, the first example of epic prose, and a historicized vision of time often struggling to reconcile divine predetermination with the entropy of free human will, or the constancy of a divine plan with the inconsistency of history. A literary analysis of the Bible is what I emphasize, theologically I prefer Tolstoy's Gospels of Meister Ekchart's works.
>>
Antifragile by Nassim Taleb is a good starting point.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.