[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I ready for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I don't consider myself to be a beginner, but I've heard it's quite challenging. Do you have any suggestions on how to read it?
>>
it's a pretty easy read. don't get too hung up on the similar names
>>
>>7712813
With your eyes
>>
>>7712820
Thanks.
>>
>>7712820
the only really difficulty in this book lies with the similar names but it's really not that bad - definitely don't let it put you off reading the book, because it's brilliant.

probably not a good idea to leave it for a while after you've started reading it because it's easy to forget who's who and what's happening as the plot is fast, but there's no real rule on how to read it if that makes any sense
>>
>>7712813
Most books that have the reputation of being hard are not hard at all.It's just the common pleb's way of saying "it's soooo boooooring".
If you don't have the attention span of a squirrel it's a pretty nice read.
>>
>>7712813
the only thing hard is trying to keep the family line and names in check. but marquez wasnt a dick, he had a family tree put in the front.
>>
Just read it with pleasure. Sure, there are a few different characters with similar or equal names, but the book makes it possible for you to differentiate between each of them. If you still have problems with that, just make a chart, or get one online.
>>
there's a girl in it called Meme
>>
File: tree.gif (54 KB, 1100x570) Image search: [Google]
tree.gif
54 KB, 1100x570
>>7712813
>>
Try to read it as like your grandma telling you about your family history. Fucking comfy book. Wanna read again.
>>
Train in the martial arts. Adopt a strict candy-only diet. Go to culinary school and do a couple years of ranching or farming. I'm not advocatingvthat you break the law but you should be comfortable with the idea of taking a life. You might consider law enforcement or the military to this end. I think then you can read your book. Good luck.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.