[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a scene more cringe inducing than Kvothe's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: The_Wise_Man's_Fear_cover.jpg (709 KB, 1795x2696) Image search: [Google]
The_Wise_Man's_Fear_cover.jpg
709 KB, 1795x2696
Has there ever been a scene more cringe inducing than Kvothe's run in with the sex goddess of fairy land?
>>
>>7712770
It's one of the most pathetic exercises in authorial masturbation in recent literary history. I could not separate the image of Rothfuss in powder and wig (and mole) from my reading of the book.

But there are, Game of Thrones and REH have scenes that might rival it in trashiness.
>>
my best friend bought me these books because she really really wanted me to read them.
terrible repetitive prose, blatant self-insertion, completely bland and shit characters.
hesitant to write this just in case i'm shot, but it's always really disheartening to read a fantasy book written as wish fulfillment by some dork with a literal neckbeard that has no interesting or complex female characters whatsoever. its like he just dreamed up some girl he wanted to fuck and threw a few "good" traits in to make her appear anything less that a two dimensional fuck husk.

>My name is Mylorian, I was not born to greatness and my station in life has afforded me no luxuries...but I have one thing the others don't.....Wit. >:PPPP
>With the power of sheer wit, I have sneaked past the king's guards and plan to get a position as the High Alchemist Brovoniar's apprentice.
>Oh my Gods....It's her - Genevievaria....The Most Beautiful Girl in the World...I must make myself worthy of her, make use of my considerable Wit to move up in life and charm her.....
>Oh no, it's Draconius Malfoynyyhueenf.....The rich, privileged, malicious wanker whose wit is simply nothing to mine, which he clearly resents....He's using his power and influence to try and ruin me and steal my Love from me....but I have a few more tricks up my sleeve ;)))
>>
>>7713288
Yeah this book was like an extra shitty harry potter desu. I read two entire novels waiting for it to get better.
>>
>>7712770
Virgin detected.
>>
What about when he comes back from the Faeg and journeys to the land of sex and martial arts people?
>>
how is that any worse than an author writing a book of endless violence or bizzare sexual practice
>>
File: amy-schumer-beach-bikini.jpg (79 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
amy-schumer-beach-bikini.jpg
79 KB, 800x450
When does this book pay off? I'm half way through book 2 and he still hasn't shagged that girl yet.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.