[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the difference, if any, between someone writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: emsh16.jpg (25 KB, 289x330) Image search: [Google]
emsh16.jpg
25 KB, 289x330
What would be the difference, if any, between someone writing a retro-style sci-fi novel in the style of those from the 60's or 70's, versus someone who had read those books from the 60's or 70's and wasn't aware of anything else?
>>
>>7712498
>And wasn't aware of anything else
What does this mean? Does this human exist in a vacuum or are they living now with all our culture and no other books than 60s-70s sci-fi?
>>
the writer who'd read more would be able to bring a richer experience to the novel and be able to expand the genre.
>>
I don't get your question. The main difference would be that one wrote and published a book as a job while the other reads in his spare time.
>>7712521
Not really, yoiu can read a lot and be a really poor writter. Consimunig isn't training for production.
>>
>>7712498
wat?
>>
>>7712551
>Not really, yoiu can read a lot and be a really poor writter. Consimunig isn't training for production.
Not really, you don't get it. He isn't asking for a tier system of which is better, he is asking what would be the difference, as in the first words of his sentence he posted. Your spelling is also primary level.
>>
>>7712498
Are you asking: Who would write a better 70s sci-fi novel, a novelist in the 70s or a modern novelists purposely emulating that style whose work is transported back in time to compete against it?
>>
>>7712632
Let's go with that. For me to better describe what I'm asking would require a wall of text.
>>
File: IMG_20160218_175345.jpg (189 KB, 644x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160218_175345.jpg
189 KB, 644x960
So you want to write a transistor-age sci fi story?
The problem with your question is you aren't specific enough about what kind of 'difference' you mean.
A modetn writer would have to do some research to make his story sound authentically like the period you mention.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.