[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He actually buys pockets instead of hard cover Explain yourself,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
>He actually buys pockets instead of hard cover
Explain yourself, faggot.
>>
I'm not gay
>>
Money
Also I mostly read whatever book there is in my family's collection
>>
>>7712238
No, you're a pockethomo.
>>
>>7712230
>pockets (whatever that means) and hardcover are the only choices
>>
>he doesn't have all his books bound and customized with his own personal hardcovers containing his family crest

explain yourself poors
>>
I don't buy books since I'm not a faggot, faggot.
>>
>>7712252
>tfw having to hand-deface every single fabric crest after being officially disowned by my family
Really let it sink in
>>
I value the content more highly than the cover and so just get the cheapest.
>>
>>7712281
>not balancing the importance of price with the importance of a god-tier cover
will they ever learn
>>
>>7712230
Unless you carry around a smuggler's bible everywhere you go, I think you're missing a word in your post.
>>
I want my book to have the best possible aesthetics, and the delicious new book smell.
>>
>>7712230
dust jackets are the worst
>>
Hardcovers are the fedoras of books.
>>
File: 1410781601250.jpg (14 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
1410781601250.jpg
14 KB, 385x387
I had to buy a fucking pocket edition of Catch-22 because i couldn't find any other edition in my language. And the english editions are fucking three times the price.
>>
>>7712324
>buying books
>translations
>catch meme two
Just cringe my shit up
>>
>>7712230
>collecting trinkets

post tits
>>
>buying and reading anything other than the authors original manuscript
>>
>>7712230

>2016
>not having unlimited amounts of money to buy hardcovers with
>>
>>7712324
meme-22 is probably one of the most easily pirateable books in the world. Get yourself an e-ink device and the world is your oyster.
>>
File: tumblr_ljdnn1v2kw1qdo62to1_500.jpg (111 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljdnn1v2kw1qdo62to1_500.jpg
111 KB, 500x540
>>7712230

I have to concede, it's 2016 and being a faggot is a free choice OP
>>
Paperbacks are objectively comfier.
>>
hard covers are more expensive
>>
>>7713187
yup
>dat glossy, lightweight, flexable feel
>>
Hardbooks are too big for bags, awkward to read on the train, and too heavy to read in bed.
>>
File: o-AMPSY-570.jpg (42 KB, 570x342) Image search: [Google]
o-AMPSY-570.jpg
42 KB, 570x342
>>7712336
>>7712354
>meme
But i just wanted to fit in.
>>
My life's more suited to paperback right now. Later on, if I get the big house with the big library, I'll start transferring shit to hardcover so I can be the big showoff I know I'll want to be
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.