[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Initiation into Secret Societies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: u1_978-3-596-29410-7[1].jpg (255 KB, 747x1181) Image search: [Google]
u1_978-3-596-29410-7[1].jpg
255 KB, 747x1181
does anyone have any recommendations for books on this topic? all i can really think of is eyes wide shut
>>
I don't really have any recommendations for you OP, but I'll bump for interest.
Maybe read Foucalt's Pendulum? It's about the Knights Templar and other various secret behind the scenes shit. It's not exactly the same thing but it's in the same vein.
>>
>>7711621
nice, thank you. i was stuck on the illuminati sort so i didn't even think of the knights templar.
mainly looking for examples of rituals
sex, sacrifice, etc
>>
File: Tief Unten.jpg (29 KB, 314x499) Image search: [Google]
Tief Unten.jpg
29 KB, 314x499
>>7711595
I recommend "La-Bas" by Joris-Karl Huysmans ("Tief Unten" in German translation since i assume you're german, pic related is the edition i own), it's about a writer who is introduced into a secret satanic cult in Paris. I think it's exactly what you're looking for. One of the first novels dealing with Satanism in the modern world, there's even a detailed description of a black mess.

I appreciate that you mentioned Arthur Schnitzlers Traumnovelle, how did you like it? Did you read any other of Arthur Schnitzlers work? Unfortunately he's rarely mentioned on /lit/ although being one of the finest writers in german language.
>>
>>7712012
Lurk moar faggot. Schnitzler is talked about. You sound like a faggot.
>>
>>7711595
Il cimitioro di Paga by Umberto Eco
>>
>>7712090
you sound like a coward
>>
>>7712012
it was very good. i never really liked eyes wide shut but i might have to give it another shot after having read this. i'm not german so i just read it in english, but i'll check out some of his others for sure. do you have any favorites?
thank you for the recommendation. that does sound exactly like what i was looking for.

>>7712130
i'll take a look at this too. thank you.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.