[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can i, anon, become "smart"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
how can i, anon, become "smart"?
>>
be born with a genetically high intelligence and be raised by a family that nurtures that intelligence
>>
>>7710635
i have a high IQ, but i never had that 2nd part so i'm effectively a retard
>>
>>7710648
same
>>
>>7710635
same, my family was secular, but from a catholic background, so they encouraged bring resentful and poor, rather than finding your calling and being prosperous and happy...ppl say they athiest, ppl think they athiest, but these still got the same old spooks operating in the mind
>>
you can overcome dumbness by learning logic, studying history, etc
>>
>>7710680
why history?
>>
>>7710695
Those who don't know history bound to repeat it etc. etc.
>>
>>7710648
IQ is unscientific shit bro probably you are just stupid
>>
>born with high iq
>forced to go to Jewish high school that suppressed critical thinking
>still became good enough to go to top 5 uni
>do stem, earn more than you ever will
>life is still shitty because I hate programming from 9 to 5
>>
>>7710703
change careers if you're so smart

get into journalism
>>
>>7710703
>>do stem, earn more than you ever will

actually i just saw an interesting article that showed earnings in stem even out after 5 years or so and it doesn't really matter which school you went to, but for humanities and other subjective shit only people with expensive brand names on their cv made any money
>>
>>7710699
IQ is not unscientific
>>
>>7710720
>>7710720
Yes it is, it's arbitrary, you can train for it, etc. IQ tests are only used by neckbeards to circlejerk on the internet.

>Awarding people money for doing well in IQ tests causes them to score better, a $10 incentive increased testers score by almost 20 IQ points.
Duckworth, A.L., Quinn, P.D., Lynam, D.R., Loeber, R. & Stouthamer-Loeber, M., 2011. Role of test motivation in intelligence testing. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 108, 7716 –7720.
>>
>>7710632
Why do you wanna be smart man? It's overrated
>>
>>7710632
Only dumb people want to be smart.
>>
>>7710709
Link?
>>
just read a lot of literature
>>
>>7711551
Wow, so profound.
>>
Step 1 get glasses the thicker the rims the better.
Step 2 act pretentious about every and any subject
Step 3 always argue never debate remember the one who pauses for the longest loses.
Step 4 Narcissim
Step 5 Nihilism
>>
>>7710635
>>7710632
ITT NEET failures continue to blame their loveless upbringings for their failure to manifest their own wills to power as adults.
>>
If my recently developed theory is correct, be insecure about yourself/have social anxiety. This then will cause you to doubt everything, never say anything without consideration, endlessly ponder whether the smallest, in-truth-most-likely-insignificant details you notice in conversation with others imply the latter do not like you and keep you from ever not thinking about stuff in general.
>>
>>7713665
I share a similar view. I was a happy go lucky retard for a while, now I'm insecure and really curious and constantly in some kind of uncomfortable state of uncertainty. Gotta make up for the consume-only-garbage-entertainment years.
>>
>>7710695
gives you perspective. seriously, its like a fog clearing. its the same feeling you might get from travel, exposing yourself to different cultures and ways of life. but more radical than that, because history reveals how fluid it all is.

"temporal relativism" you could call it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.