[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sit down to write >literally slave over it for what feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: zgonnagetcha.gif (452 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
zgonnagetcha.gif
452 KB, 500x383
>sit down to write
>literally slave over it for what feels like a long, long time
>come out with only two or three good sentences
>>
Be a poet desu
>>
>>7710242
>sit down to write
>literally sit there for a long time like most people who write books do
>don't instantly generate an award winning novel and win over my peers with the raw intellect I believe I have
itsalmostlikewritingabookisnteasy.jpg
>complain on a japenese image board
>>
you'd probably feel better if you just killed yourself
>>
>>7710242
2 or 3 more than before desu
>>
Short stories or poetry my man. Or write a play.
>>
>>7710242
You do know that authors spend years writing a book, right?
>>
>>7710919
thats unacceptable
I want my first novel published in less than a year
>>
>>7710618
>>7710895
I dont want to write poems
I want to write my novel

>>7710638
>the raw intellect I believe I have
I know i have far more intellect than the average idiot like you. That is what makes me want to write my novel. It will be far more interesting than most of the shit that gets published
>>
File: 1455430032030.png (1 MB, 1524x2339) Image search: [Google]
1455430032030.png
1 MB, 1524x2339
>>7710943
If you want to write a novel, you have to force it. Don’t worry about getting the language perfect the first time round. You can draft it for eternity once you’ve actually got something finished to work with.

(though you sound like a bit of a bitter wanker in that retort)
>>
>>7710943
I hope this is bait. Either way, you're being a massive shitstain, just stop talking.
>>
>>7710973
>(though you sound like a bit of a bitter wanker in that retort)
the other guy sounded like a cunt
I hate leaving a sentence if I dont feel its perfect. Its really slowing this down

>>7710981
leave the thread then baka
>>
>>7710242
i got you senpai. my secret technique is to just madlibs other people's shit. it's a lot easier than writing from nothing.

with enough practice it will be less plagerism and more like using an efficient template to further your creative genius
>>
>>7710997
That’s what I’m saying, you need to find it in you to leave the sentences that you hate and keep going with the work as a whole.

And if someone’s being an ass you’re better to ignore them and move on. You’ll be happier for it.
>>
>>7711048
good idea. im gonna try it
how is this senpai?

>Early one morning, during an exceptional morning in the beginning of spring, an old man walked out into the street from the cottage he rented on Marina Grove. Slowly, as though he could not make up his mind, he began to move in the direction of the old lighthouse.

Can I get published like this?
>>
>>7710943
You... Want to write your novel because you have more intellect than the average idiot? I'm not seeing the connection. (I'm tempted to ask why you should even bother publishing it since it'll just be served to the average idiots who will never comprehend your raw intellect and sheer brilliance.)
>>
>>7710638
>Complaining on a Polish potato processing plant pictureboard.
>>
>>7711180
true, but its ok
im giving up on my novel and switching to this genius idea

>>7711156
>>7711139
>>
>>7710638
this desu senpai
shit isn't easy, get the fuck over it. There's a reason you go back and edit your work. My published pieces I have always done at least 6 drafts.
>>
>>7711048
You're the man now, dog.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.