[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Grapes of Wrath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>praises communism
>slanders christianity
>one of the most well-known pieces of the american literature

HOW?
>>
actually thats a p gud question bro if i ever teach a lit class ima stump dudes with that
>>
Read it a year or two ago, loved it but it stagnated after awhile which I know is the point but that doesn't make me enjoy it. Don't know if I ever actually finished it but I feel like I did
>>
>>7710183
Because it's one of the best books in american literature

>praises communism
not true - praises aspects of it, sure, but not as a whole
>>
>>7710214
>stagnated after awhile which I know is the point
what do you mean?
>>
>>7710214
There's no way you forget the ending of that book. If you don't remember the denouement, and the final scene in particular, you couldn't have finished it.
>>
I surprisingly hated this fucking novel. The intercollary chapters ruined the otherwise decent plot and rhythm of the whole thing for me. Also, I get tired of hearing Steinbeck bitch about California/dust bowl.
>>
stem autists fuck off
>>
>>7710500
It's supposed to recreate the feeling of the endless drive across the country. At least that's what I got out of it

>>7710510
I remember the breastfeeding but otherwise no, not really
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.