[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was at the library today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: kek.jpg (5 KB, 200x230) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
5 KB, 200x230
opened up "dead souls" by gogol, there was a note taped inside written by some guy saying it was depressingly boring and that he regrets wasting his time on finishing it.

I checked it out anyway, but I'm not sure if I want to read it. Is it good? is the person that wrote the note wrong?
>>
He emphasized twice that he urges not to waste time on it. Can it be that bad?
>>
>>7710053
It's good but Gogol died before he could finish it.
>>
>>7710053
gogol hair triggers me.
>>
>>7710053
It's fantastic, an absolutely essential read. Make sure you have the Guerney translation.
>>
>>7710058
Yeah, but who knew that he was so upset with his own work that he would put a card in it warning the reader that it will be shit.
>>
>>7710173
th-

fucking kek
>>
>>7710351

I wonder whether >>7710173 was making an oblique reference to the fact that Gogol threw his manuscript into the fire. When I read it, my edition pointed out gaps toward the end of the book, which if I recall were a result of this. It's still worth reading.
>>
>>7710053
his short stories are much better. it being incomplete really made the book suffer, it meandered, and did not seem to have an ending in mind like his short stories. there's something to the reading tip to start with the ending.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.