[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
List a bunch of books with good goodreads scores Over 3.8 that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160211_171704.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160211_171704.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
List a bunch of books with good goodreads scores Over 3.8 that were written after 1850. I need to add more books to my library. I've exhausted all the classics. Hitting up torontos used book stores tonight. Give me big lists. Not just 1 or 2 books. Doesn't matter what genre. Only fiction, fantasy, Sci fi, horror, suspense, romance blah blah blah
>>
which ones, BMV?
>>
>>7708784
BMVs, seekers, the handy book exchange, some other book store on Bloor by Christie. If you know any other good ones lemme know.
>>
>>7708781
find it on your own, faggot
>>
>>7708794
I tend to prefer the books you guys like you dirty nigger.
>>
>>7708802
>implying the plebs on goodreads highly rate the books we like
>>
>>7708781
>goodreads recommendations

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariannarebolini/the-best-books-of-2015-according-to-goodreads#.vrP7N1bMw

Here you go, some great books on Goodreads. I cant imagine what would go wrong reading well reviewed books on goodreads, considering the userbase is 75% women.
>>
>>7708781
>I've exhausted all the classics
I doubt it.
And if you have, re-read them.
>>
>>7708856
Lol sheeeeeeit
>>
>>7708856
Okay so just fucking list off all ur niggers favorite books or something and I will purchase them. Keep em within the last 200 years. No ancient Greek tomes ffs
>>
>>7708868
Out of my last 100/2 years books read these are my 5 stars, minus rereads

Silence - Shusaku Endo
Soumission - Michel Houellebecq
The Book of Night Women - Marlon James
The Remains of the Day -Kazuo Ishiguro
A Brief History of Seven Killings -Marlon James
The Master of Go -Yasunari Kawabata
Kim -Rudyard Kipling
Sandalwood Death -Mo Yan
Death Comes for the Archbishop -Willa Cather
Shake Hands with the Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda -Romeo Dallaire
The Feast of the Goat -Mario Vargas Llosa
The War of the End of the World -Mario Vargas Llosa
A Random Walk Down Wall Street -Burton G. Malkiel
The Call of the Wild -Jack London
On the Marble Cliffs -Ernst Junger
Scaramouche -Rafael Sabatini
>>
>>7708883
Thank you. I will look for these titles today. The remains of the day. Good lord that was a good one.
>>
>>7708868
>No ancient Greek tomes ffs
Homers Iliad and Odyssey are very readable, and you should read them pleb.
>>
>>7708883
>my last 100/2 years books read

You mean ~100 books from the last 2 years?
>>
>>7709139
The first 1/5th of the Odyssey is the boring happenings of Odysseus's son, which is long enough to bore most readers into not finishing it. Not very readable in the modern age, since Homer did not use as many scene cute.
>>
>>7708802
Then go to the fucking wiki instead of making a shit thread. Most actual wirthwhile literature is not going to get above a 3.8 on goodreads anyway because the site is full of cancer.
Fucking Moby Dick doesn't even have a 3.8.
>>
>>7709257
I don't wanna read your old ass books
>>
>>7709268
Go to /r/books then.
>>
Why is op such a whiny cunt?
>>
>Goodread

masterpieces like Moby Dick are rated 3.5 there
>>
>>7709371
Cuz 1 person out of all you cock knockers has recommended something
>>
>>7709271
Woa that was a good idea. Thanks.
>>
>>7709163
yes
>>
>>7709268
Plutarch's Lives is great shit
>>
>>7709673
Most here do not acknowledge you because you're a selfish cretin
>>
>>7709673
Your thread is shit and you're a pleb so no one is going to take you or your thread seriously
>>
>>7709673
>>7709704
>>7709707
OP here, that wasn't me. I try to be respectful to everyone.
>>
>>7709735
OP here. This isn't me. You guys are all stuck up faggots and I think your gay and reddit has a way better book community.
>>
>>7708781
>goodreads scores over 3.8
every fucking book on goodreads has a score of 4, this means nothing.
>>
>>7709735
>>7709910
Im so confused
>>
Once and Future King is a very good book.
>>
>>7708883
> LISTING THE NAMES LAST

FUCK YOU!!!! WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS SHIT???
>>
This one's at a 3.87 - can't speak for it myself but I'm gonna start reading it today.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.