[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/. I'm new to contributing to Wikipedia. How do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: books.jpg (78 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
78 KB, 620x310
Hey /lit/. I'm new to contributing to Wikipedia. How do I format references? Do I just insert the link and the title of the document I linked to? Or is there more to it?
>>
Wikipedia has places to ask this. Fuck off, stop shitting up our board.
Nobody else needs to reply to this.
>>
Why don't you read the wiki page on it? This is not /lit/, go away.
>>
>>7708659
Have fun having your contribution reverted in five minutes
>>
>>7708764
I already made many contributions and none of them got reverted for months ;^)
>>
>>7708678
>Nobody else needs to reply to this.
bitch, make me
>>
>>7708659
You can enter the editing mode for any page to see how it works. Just insert it in the proper tags
>>
>>7708787
I know how to add references. This isn't what I'm asking at all.

I'm asking, how should one FORMAT references - that is, in what way should one present them? Should one provide the article's and author's name? Should one provide the exact page? The line?

This doesn't just apply to Wikipedia, but to any articles/essays which have references.
>>
>start editing an article
>in the row with bold and italic text options, click on "Cite"
>select the template you need from the drop-down "Templates" menu
>dump every bit of info possible in the window that appears
>click "Insert"

Now delete this thread because it has nothing to do with literature. You could've asked on /g/.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.