[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >Not fluent in Latin How do you guys even enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ciceropublicdomainbw1.jpg (238 KB, 1260x1240) Image search: [Google]
ciceropublicdomainbw1.jpg
238 KB, 1260x1240
>2016
>Not fluent in Latin

How do you guys even enjoy Ezra Pound or the philosophy of Cicero?
>>
>>7707045
In translation, obviously.
>>
Estis stultissimi, plebs.
>>
>tfw the American educational system will never go back to the Classical model and have 4th graders doing recitations in Latin of the Aeneid

fuck the common core and fuck the way we "educate" kids nowadays,
>>
>how do you even enjoy Ezra Pound

are you fluent in Chinese OP?
>>
>Cicero
>philosopher
the alaine de botton of rome
>>
>>7707075
that hurts understanding pound
>>7707045
you learnt latin and you used it to read cicero for his philosophy? lol permavirgin, read some ovid.
>>
>>7707045
>Spending large amounts of time to learn a dead language.

You poor, pretentious faggot.
>>
>>7707075
I dont even think Pound knew Chinese. He had others translate for him, and he took artistic license
>>
>>7707096
Being literate period hurts understanding Pound.
>>
How to understand Pound?
>>
>>7707123
well nuh he's an imagist, it's kinda the point
>>
>>7707051
People take liberties with translation though, its true for even modern translations
>>
>>7707131
So what the fuck is dumbass OP's point other than to troll?
>>
>>7707264
it's just trolling. OP doesn't understand Latin and wants others to share in his insecurities about that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.